Ski Swaps

10 messages Options
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Ski Swaps

Thought we should start a thread for local ski swaps.

West Mountain, Nov 8 & 9
http://www.lakegeorge.com/event/west-mountain-ski-swap-80055/

This particular swap usually offers lots of good kids race gear as they pull from NYSEF, Lake George, Queensbury, and Saratoga HS ski teams.
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Re: Ski Swaps

We should have a poster swap.

I'll trade Pow Assassin for anyone...
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

Mount Peter's was this past weekend 10/18 and 10/19.  There is an aftersale on 10/26.  I think that they are the only place that has one in my area.

http://mtpeter.com
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

In reply to this post by PeeTex
Mount Peters sale & swap is October 15-16 this year. What they call the "after sale" is the 23rd. If you just need kids skis for non-racers, these guys usually have decent former-rentals for ridiculously cheap (like less then what I used to pay for a seasonal rental)
Z Z
Reply |

Nysef swap is usually first Saturday in Nov at the Catholic school on Saranac Ave in LP

Good deals to be had particularly on kids gear
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Z Z
Reply |

Lake Placid Ski Club & NYSEF Ski Sale

Join us Saturday, November 5th for the Lake Placid Ski Club and NYSEF Ski Sale. The sale will be at the St. Agnes School Gymnasium in Lake Placid from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. If you have gear to sell, or are looking to get fitted for the upcoming season, be sure to stop by! Don’t miss out on awesome deals on alpine, cross-country, snowboard, and outdoor gear!

http://www.nysef.org/lake-placid-ski-club-nysef-ski-sale/
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
DrSkimeister DrSkimeister
Reply |

In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Mount Peters sale & swap is October 15-16 this year. What they call the "after sale" is the 23rd. If you just need kids skis for non-racers, these guys usually have decent former-rentals for ridiculously cheap (like less then what I used to pay for a seasonal rental)

Just now saw this, but Mt Peter did NOT do the swap thing this year. I spoke to the head of the Ski Patrol that previously ran the swap and he said that the labor involved to manage and run the swap was not sufficiently rewarded by the $$ return.

They did indeed have a sale, run by Ski Barn where last year's equipment and soft goods as well as used equipment was sold. I scored a very nice Marmot jacket at half of the suggested retail price and my one son got a used Burton snowboard.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

You're correct about the swap. I didn't realize until I got there. Apologies. I went too and got my don some new old boots
Hudsonhiker Hudsonhiker
Reply |

West Mt. swap tomorrow. Just reminding us.
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Looks like they don't do the swap anymore but Mt Peters tent sale (run by ski barn) is Oct 21-22