Skiing in the woods

classic Classic
16 messages Options
Reply |  

Skiing in the woods

Harvey
Admin
I skied in the woods tonight.

It was thin, but I skied all the flat spots (lower yellow) and hardly bottomed out. The snow was so nice.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Re: Skiing in the woods

Hudsonhiker
Full moon getting here go for it. I used to ski at night alot not so much anymore. Just getting wimpy I guess

Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
No you live closer to the snow so I think you are not as desperate.  I drive 275 miles for 2 ski days or 3 it's my choice.

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

PeeTex
Right now it's best to ski in the woods at night, if you saw what the base was really like you would never ski it at all.

Reply |  

Benny Profane
Creepy.

funny like a clown
Reply |  

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by Harvey
It looks like you were filming the Blair Witch Project.

Reply |  

Coach Z
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
There are monsters in Harv's woodsn - PowAss, Glade and Noah are lurking

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

Harvey
Admin
Very nice tonight. Malleable crust with 2 inches of cheese on top.  So nice.

Shaman called it... after you go out and back, your trail will be skiable.

I'll see if I can find a pic  

Reply |  

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Coach Z

Reply |  

Ethan Snow
I like the woods too. The trees between Plunge and Freewill were great today. In the upper elevations there was still some significant crust leftover, plus a few inches from Tuesday. Sorry, no pictures.

I like Plattekill