127 messages Options
12345 ... 7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snow Ridge Conditions

skimore
Harvey wrote
Wow > gotta reach for the sky to get those poles out of the snow.
No, he's just a dork
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
More of the same

LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM WEDNESDAY
TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY

LOCATIONS...OSWEGO...JEFFERSON AND LEWIS COUNTIES...MAINLY
  ACROSS THE TUG HILL REGION.

* TIMING...LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THE MAJORITY OF
  THE HEAVY SNOW IS EXPECTED LATER WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND
  EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...AROUND AN INCH OVERNIGHT...3 TO 6 INCHES
  WEDNESDAY...AND 3 TO 6 INCHES WEDNESDAY NIGHT...LEADING TO STORM
  TOTALS OF 6 TO 11 INCHES IN THE MOST PERSISTENT LAKE SNOWS.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Boot deep and untracked at 2:30 still

Reply | Threaded
|

I_BUILD_PARKS
This post was updated on .
I was over there last wed. They didn't get the snow they were hoping for but they still had some nice light pow. Spend most of the day deep in the ravine. Lots of hiking in and out but well worth it. Got to drop some really fun lines and shred with friends. Ran into Mike mid day and got a few laps in with him.

I've been several times in the summer for a music festival there but never in the winter. Glad I finally made it. $15 on a wed if you have a valid season pass to another mountain, only $22 if you don't. That's a legit deal and I'll def be going back the next time they get dumped on.

I remember watching the meatheadsfilm back in 08 or 09 where they went there and it was dumped with pow. Had wanted to go since but never made it. The mountain I'm at is only open fri-sat other than holidays so if I want to take a wed off and go there it won't be a problem. Anybody else get up there recently?
Reply | Threaded
|

Alschnier
1/20: 7" on top of 5" from previous day.  Wisely, they groomed over night & Snow Pocket was glorious.  Temps dropped significantly. Powder was light & champagne, but base had a bit of crust to it.  Still a great day overall.

Still found fresh lines on Pinnacle near end of day.

FYI - made 1st tracks in the Outback around 2:30 (!), but the crossing at the bottom is sketchy : )

Snow Ridge is having a banner year.  Now if we could figure out how to add another 500' vert haha!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
2/1

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Maybe 12 inches over the week consolidated into about 8 inches that is pretty well bonded with the snow beneath.  Great skiing.   Trees are so nicely spaced. Love this place.  I don't often ski untracked lines all day.

(via mobile)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Harvey
Ummm, PowderPuff you shreadin the fluff?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"We received 16" of snow overnight. More is expected later today and tomorrow. Keep checking back. If we get another 15" of so, we MAY be open on Saturday. Key word being MAY. Will make final decision on Friday afternoon. "
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Cornhead, Scotty and I plan on being at Snow Ridge if they get hammered with lake effects powder and do in fact open this Saturday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Ill be there if they open
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I guess I'll keep my eye on this one....
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
See you Saturday
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
From SR's Façebook

IT'S OFFICIAL - Snow Ridge will be open on Saturday, Nov 22 from
 10 am-4 pm. One lift (Ridge Runner) 5+ trails available. We received 5" of new snow overnight and it's been snowing lightly this morning - with heavier snow in the forecast later today.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
And Powder Assassin is nowhere to be found.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
The only downside, the weather for Saturday went from bluebird 33°, to Wintry mix, oh well, small price to pay.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Cornhead wrote
The only downside, the weather for Saturday went from bluebird 33°, to Wintry mix, oh well, small price to pay.
Looks like that will hold off to the very end of the day.

I'm thinking crowds may be an issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Thinking about making the 2+ hour drive on Saturday morning. Just curious from local knowledge:

1) Any chance they groom everything out and there's no pow to play in?
2) Will this be enough snow to put the glades in play?

I have been meaning to make it to SR for a few years and want to make it worth my while. A pow day to start the season off seems like a great plan, but I'd be cashing in a few chips to make it work. If anyone is interested in making the trip over from saratoga area let me know. I have new snow tires  I would be returning to Saratoga Saturday after skiing.

D
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Danzilla wrote
Thinking about making the 2+ hour drive on Saturday morning. Just curious from local knowledge:

I have been meaning to make it to SR for a few years and want to make it worth my while. A pow day to start the season off seems like a great plan, but I'd be cashing in a few chips to make it work. If anyone is interested in making the trip over from saratoga area let me know. I have new snow tires  I would be returning to Saratoga Saturday after skiing.

Dv
Do it, they got "only" 35", should be more skiable than the 57" they had on opening day last year. Search " Snow Ridge 12/13/13" for Powderqueen's TR. They will groom a swath one groomer width wide on North and South slopes on the edge of the trails, everything else will be virgin pow. Crowds? There will be a line for first chair, see TR, after that, not much. Yes, I would think everything will be in play off the one running chair, no tbar Sat.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Danzilla
Danzilla wrote

D

Do it.
12345 ... 7