Specifically, What is it you'd like to change?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
310 messages Options
1 ... 78910111213 ... 16
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Specifically, What is it you'd like to change?

PeeTex
When that much money is involved you usually will do some due diligence before your dole it out willy nilly - that is unless your a liberal democrat and then you just air drop the money to anybody with their hand out.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
From that article:

Adding insult to injury, Trump insisted yesterday, “When you send checks for hundreds of thousands of dollars to people and to companies and to groups that you’ve never heard of, charitable organizations, you have to vet it.” He even demanded tax materials from the organizations before they became eligible for the money.

Even if we put aside the irony of Trump demanding tax materials from groups while he insists on keeping his own tax returns hidden from the public, and even if we overlook the fact that his operation doesn’t appear to have done an especially good job in vetting, there’s also the inconvenient fact that, according to the Trump campaign, the groups were chosen in advance in January – suggesting the organizations had already been vetted.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I just want gorillas to be treated better than humans. #gorillalivesmatter
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
So what we also learned was that in reality there was almost $6M pledged (not raised) by Trump, some donors were late in paying up and had to be reminded. This may be why the money did not go out on day 1 - he didn't have it! So Trump had to also pay staff to act as collection agents as well as administer the distribution of the $5.6M. CNN confirms Trump kicked in $1M himself (Hillary has only donated $100K personally over the years 2006 - 2012). So I think you have a real case here - how dare he only donate $1M of his own money, a heartless greedy scoundrel, poor little Hillary - she donated what amounts to 20 minutes out of a 1 hour minute speech since 2006. This argument will go no where.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/veteran-fundraiser.pdf
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Haha, PeeTex. Trump wasn't going to give veterans the money that he promised them. He's no better than these people:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/01/health/cancer-charities-scam/
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by PeeTex
You don't have to like Trump to prove you hate Hillary, we all get it.

Trump's checks went out within hours of the Washington Post story breaking. Maybe he forgot about the million he pledged, or maybe he just figured no one would ever check up on it. Either way is doesn't seem like he actually gives a shit about soldiers.  There are a lot of vets who are protesting being used as pawns by Trump (although it's practically an American tradition, not just Trump).

Integrity is what you do when no one is looking. Yea Hillary is lame, and likely short on integrity.  It's a joke to claim Trump has an ounce of it. He's a dirtbag Peetex and you know it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
You don't have to like Trump to prove you hate Hillary, we all get it.

Trump's checks went out within hours of the Washington Post story breaking. Maybe he forgot about the million he pledged, or maybe he just figured no one would ever check up on it. Either way is doesn't seem like he actually gives a shit about soldiers.  There are a lot of vets who are protesting being used as pawns by Trump (although it's practically an American tradition, not just Trump).

Integrity is what you do when no one is looking. Yea Hillary is lame, and likely short on integrity.  It's a joke to claim Trump has an ounce of it. He's a dirtbag Peetex and you know it.
This is total BS and you should know it. If you want to exaggerate hate claims go ahead- take a good look and check your own integrity. Find real issues to denigrate Trump, there are plenty. Matt likes to make these broad inaccurate statements that I have no issue with correcting. Before this every broke as a "sensational" story $2.9 M was distributed to Charities by Trump - that's over FUCKING half you ass holes. Several months to more than a year is not out of the ordinary when money is pledged and then distributed and sometimes it never comes at all because the donors don't fulfill their obligations. I have never said whether or not Trump gives a shit about veterans, that's not the point - the point is the money has been getting distributed.  

Go look up the financials of other Charitable foundations, The Bush foundation and Clinton foundation (Regan, Ford and Carter all as well) are sitting on hundreds of millions of undistributed funds. So go after all of them as well. Trump for once does a good thing and all you want to do is turn it into a bad thing.  
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This is a good article about how the Trump campaign is exactly like the Trump University pitch:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/06/trump-university-a-scam-just-like-trump-campaign.html

Quotes:

“My whole life I’ve been greedy, greedy, greedy,” Donald Trump has said. “I’ve grabbed all the money I could get. I’m so greedy. But now I want to be greedy for the United States.” This is his pitch to the public — not that he is a saint, but a shrewd and effective businessman who is now eager to apply his talents to the public good, to make his success ours. There are innumerable flaws in Trump’s proposal, but perhaps the most glaring and easily understood is that Trump has made this same promise before. It was the pitch behind Trump University — the great business genius will share his knowledge with you, helping you become rich. And Trump University was a total scam...

In the meantime, he is running the same scam on the vastly larger and more consequential tableau of the presidential election. His ask this time is not for your money but your vote. But the proposition is the same: His capitalistic brilliance — which is self-evident from his famous wealth, but the specifics of which must remain confidential as a trade secret — will be put at your disposal. The campaign, like the “university,” is a fraud designed to benefit Trump by exploiting the uneducated, the desperate, and the vulnerable.
It's a campaign designed to appeal to the base instincts of the desperate and vulnerable, and people like PeeTex are perfectly okay with that, as long as he can deny Hillary the Presidency.

Seriously, PeeTex. Harv is right. Stop defending the indefensible. Please take a few minutes today and research the Libertarian ticket. If people like you would advocate for that instead of trying to defend a racist authoritarian, we could get Gary Johnson on the debate stage and present a third option to the American people: one with more executive political experience, not beholden to Special Interests or overwhelming selfishness.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
I have never said whether or not Trump gives a shit about veterans, that's not the point -
And this is the point. He's supposed to give a shit about veterans. He's running for President of the United States. He's supposed to care about veterans, immigrants, Muslims, and everyone else in the country - or at least the basic principle that people should be treated fairly.

And telling veterans that you will personally donate $1 Million, then not doing it, is not fair. It's not that he was waiting for donations to come in. This was a personal donation that he was trying to get out of because he doesn't give a shit.

Much like his taking 9/11 money for his building nowhere near the Twin Towers, or claiming a $302 STAR exemption until they started checking incomes (http://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2016-03-09/trump-received-tax-credit-for-middle-class-taxpayers), he's running a scam on the American people so that he can get more.

The point is exactly that he doesn't give a shit about veterans. He also doesn't give a shit about you, me, or anyone if we stand between him and a little more money. You predicted that he'd swing to the center and start behaving more Presidential. When is that gonna happen?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
P, I'm not saying it's some huge scandal, it's certainly not proof that Trump is awesome.  Tons of rich people give money to charity to prove they are awesome, not because they care.  In this world lots of good things happen for reasons that aren't exactly pure.  Like that lady who wanted to give $20M to Paul Smiths so they would change it to That Lady College.

Trump is cranky as hell because he is getting the scrutiny that every nominee gets.  Reality is much of what is exposed is overblown.  Serious question, what was that thing that Hillary was trying to get faxed?  Nuclear codes or a sandwich order?

FYI I wasn't trying to attack you, not sure why you are questioning my integrity.

MC, I do think Trump is making some small moves to the center for the general.  Asked about supreme court judge he said he was definitely going to appoint a pro-life judge and they follow up question was "so the goal will be to repeal Roe v Wade and he said "well no that would not be the goal." Weasily like any politician, but more centerish.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Seriously, PeeTex. Harv is right. Stop defending the indefensible. Please take a few minutes today and research the Libertarian ticket. If people like you would advocate for that instead of trying to defend a racist authoritarian, we could get Gary Johnson on the debate stage and present a third option to the American people: one with more executive political experience, not beholden to Special Interests or overwhelming selfishness.
Matt,
Previously you suggested that I consider Johnson, I did but I don't think he is the strongest message I can send.
As I have said before - my choice is a write in for Bernie. There are many reasons for this. One is the corrupt Democratic nomination process that is rigged against nominating candidates that the leaders in the party think are too far outside what they think a nominee should be, more elitism from the liberals. I need to send a message to the Democratic party that they need to fix their process and give us better candidates. In this election cycle I am more of a single issue voter than ever before in the past and that issue is about fixing our political system. I am willing to suffer through 4 years of a bad administration if Trump wins if the end result is a better system that will lead us down a better road. A vote for Johnsons does not tell the Dems anything, the leadership would look at my vote and consider it stolen from Trump not Hillary. A vote for Bernie is a vote Hillary didn't get - there is no other way to look at it. So if you want to stop the name calling, stop the Trump baiting and have a serious discussion than let's start here.

I respect your desire to actually vote in a good candidate, my reality is that a good candidate can't win given the current system so from a foundational perspective we need to fix the system first. All these other issues are just symptomatic of the F'd up political process. So my vote will go where I think it will do the best - for what little it means.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
PeeTex wrote

I respect your desire to actually vote in a good candidate, my reality is that a good candidate can't win given the current system so from a foundational perspective we need to fix the system first. All these other issues are just symptomatic of the F'd up political process. So my vote will go where I think it will do the best - for what little it means.
And there you have it.

Our system is so corrupt ---- that is what needs to be changed.

IMO, Bernie is the only one who will even begin to turn things around. I don't know enough about politics to even begin to tell you how he will do it other than he has had a consistent message for his entire career. Our corrupt government and big business turns his stomach, as it does mine. He's the ONLY ONE who has balls enough to even say it. This corruptness has even continued under Obama's watch. I feel Obama has done good things for our country while serving as or Prez, but the fact he continues to let the tail wag the dog is the reason for my dislike of him. IMO he's NO better than Trump or Hillary. Honesty, integrity, and level playing field for all needs to be brought back into the front of everyone's mind.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This system is so effed up right now and we are asked to support candidates that if hreywere diseases would be be like choosing to die from either Cancer or Heart Disease . BOth will kill the patient .

I am so effing pissed at this continual " "groundhog day lunacy " called running for office , replete with all of the absolutely crooked gaming of the system by both major parties and their PAC masters . For me there is no other viable third party candidate ...sorry,  but can't  get behind that dude either . So back to square one .  , the Queen and i will likely write for Bernie .

As Camp says at least i can support the ole bastid (. And i am one too) . He is consistent about the problem definition and has more integrity, energy and support of the younger voters than thother two miscreants .

And i like LIKE cranky ole  bastids !!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote

And i like LIKE cranky ole  bastids !!
WORD!! I hope to be one someday
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
 Serious question, what was that thing that Hillary was trying to get faxed?  Nuclear codes or a sandwich order?
She was asking to bypass the secure fax. Do you really think it was a lunch order that she's asking to "turn into nonpaper w no identifying header and send nonsecure"".

That email had the "B5" designation

the designation was switched to “B5”–also known as “deliberative process,” which refers to internal deliberations by the Executive Branch. Such discussions are exempt from public release. The B5 coding has the effect, according to a congressional source, of dropping the email content “down a deep black hole.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/irs-lawyer-who-headed-lerner-email-release-present-when-markings-on-clinton-emails-changed/
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
PeeTex wrote
Matt,
Previously you suggested that I consider Johnson, I did but I don't think he is the strongest message I can send.
As I have said before - my choice is a write in for Bernie.
Lol if you think a couple of hundred Bernie write-ins out of 8 million NY votes is going to "send a message".

In this election cycle I am more of a single issue voter than ever before in the past and that issue is about fixing our political system. I am willing to suffer through 4 years of a bad administration if Trump wins if the end result is a better system that will lead us down a better road.
The only thing that will save the political system is more than two parties, and you seem to be dismissing that option. Instead, you're rooting for Trump and dismissing his authoritarian lunacy. Please game out your scenario in how he will "fix" the political system? More billionaires will get in because they think they have a chance? More people will prey on stupidity and racism to control the masses? More people will grow distrustful and hateful towards government? How exactly do you think this will play out?

So if you want to stop the name calling, stop the Trump baiting and have a serious discussion than let's start here.
You just advocated for letting a maniac win the Presidency to blow the system up. And you said that your single issue that you're voting for is complete chaos. I fail to see how that's a "serious" discussion in any way.

Again, nobody will give a shit about your vote. You're tilting at windmills here. You're saying that we need to blow up a system for absolutely no reason. The only logical conclusion is that you hate America.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
This system is so effed up right now and we are asked to support candidates that if hreywere diseases would be be like choosing to die from either Cancer or Heart Disease . BOth will kill the patient .
Right, because Hillary destroyed NY when she was Senator and destroyed the State Department when she was Secretary of State.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore, the FreeBeacon?!? Really?

Why read that shit? Are you really okay with right wing philosophy? Or are you just combing the Internet for articles that attack Hillary from all angles?
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore

mattchuck2 wrote
skimore, the FreeBeacon?!? Really?

Why read that shit? Are you really okay with right wing philosophy? Or are you just combing the Internet for articles that attack Hillary from all angles?
 holy crap man....just citing what the B5 desi was

You got something better?
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yes Matt the system is effed up , our pols are bought and paid for.

Billary as our senator was a disaster for Northern NY . She was next to useless as a carpetbagging figurehead .

The Senate is strictly a debating society , full of sound and fury but accomlishing little .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
1 ... 78910111213 ... 16