61 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Start Haus Sale of Nordica Blems

Harvey
Administrator
CMR wrote
Man you must have been pumped when those arrived. They look sweet!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
nice, bummed i didn't pull the trigger on the h&b's gotta pay for the  new bike &vacation :( my son ski's the dead moneys and loves 'em - great all mountain twin!
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
Great to hear re: Dead Moneys.  We bought them based just on their specs.  
Reply | Threaded
|

camhan22
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Pretty good deals right there....hard not to grab a pair of Patrons
Right?
Just crazy.
The Fire Arrows' graphics are so wacky that I probably will not be able to ID the defect.

For sure. I have a pair of 80 and 84 FA pros, you're gonna love em. As long as the bottoms are good, for that money, who cares!!
What size are your 80s and how are they in variable conditions - chopped snow, crud, manmade Styrofoam ?

I know they will rip ice and hard pack because they are Nordicas. I was considering the Steadfast/Fuel and the Hell and Back/Enforcer lines. The H&B/Enforcer is too wide for me and for what I usually ski on (hard man made). The Steadfast was the other choice but I do not think there is any metal in it. It is a light wood core ski. The FA80 pro has 2 sheets of metal. I think that will work better with my 220lbs. If there were 84s , I might have picked them.

Which FA do you like better?
It's really hard for me to do a fair comparison for you. My 80's are only a 172. I traded a buddy of mine for them cause I wanted to try a short turny ski, really not for me. As long as your on edge they are fine, let them run and I get some tip slap.If they were longer I may like them better. the 84's are in a 184 and they flat ass rip----nothing stops them, soooooo stable at speed no matter what the conditions, they plow right thru everything. The Patrons i just ordered are 193..can't wait for snow!!!
As long as your on edge they are fine

I think that describes me...I'm gonna love skiing these, that is if I can keep em away from Cameron
Reply | Threaded
|

Start Haus
This post was updated on .
Just a heads up, we've switched to a newer, better website, but some of the links may be a little screwy as we're making the transition, so you can find the Nordica Blem sale here: http://starthaus.com/outlet/nordica-blemish-ski-sale.html

While you're looking around, let us know what you think about the new site and if you run into any problems!

Thanks,
The Start Haus Team
The Start Haus Ski Shop, World Cup service for every skier.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
This post was updated on .
Start Haus wrote
Just a heads up, we've switched to a newer, better website, but some of the links may be a little screwy as we're making the transition, so you can find the Nordica Blem sale here: http://starthaus.com/outlet/nordica-blemish-ski-sale.html

While you're looking around, let us know what you think about the new site and if you run into any problems!

Thanks,
The Start Haus Team
The links are all working and the site looks killer! It's a little slow when you hit the back button. One thing that I wouldn't mind on the details pages is recommended sizing. I'm 5'8 150 and it's been so long since since I was on turny carving tool and even that wasn't very front side oriented (Elan 888). What would be an appropriate length in a turny on-piste ski? I get the sense that a 176 would be a little long even though I like pow skis like the Line Prophet / Billy Goat / S7  etc in the mid or low 180s.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by camhan22
camhan22 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Pretty good deals right there....hard not to grab a pair of Patrons
Right?
Just crazy.
The Fire Arrows' graphics are so wacky that I probably will not be able to ID the defect.

For sure. I have a pair of 80 and 84 FA pros, you're gonna love em. As long as the bottoms are good, for that money, who cares!!
What size are your 80s and how are they in variable conditions - chopped snow, crud, manmade Styrofoam ?

I know they will rip ice and hard pack because they are Nordicas. I was considering the Steadfast/Fuel and the Hell and Back/Enforcer lines. The H&B/Enforcer is too wide for me and for what I usually ski on (hard man made). The Steadfast was the other choice but I do not think there is any metal in it. It is a light wood core ski. The FA80 pro has 2 sheets of metal. I think that will work better with my 220lbs. If there were 84s , I might have picked them.

Which FA do you like better?
It's really hard for me to do a fair comparison for you. My 80's are only a 172. I traded a buddy of mine for them cause I wanted to try a short turny ski, really not for me. As long as your on edge they are fine, let them run and I get some tip slap.If they were longer I may like them better. the 84's are in a 184 and they flat ass rip----nothing stops them, soooooo stable at speed no matter what the conditions, they plow right thru everything. The Patrons i just ordered are 193..can't wait for snow!!!
As long as your on edge they are fine

I think that describes me...I'm gonna love skiing these, that is if I can keep em away from Cameron

Whoa, it's ATSD with a new handle!!!! I dig the "camhan"

whatever----you just keep turning your little ass off and i'll meet you at the bottom
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
camhan22 wrote
 My 80's are only a 172. I traded a buddy of mine for them cause I wanted to try a short turny ski
 haha, camp they'd be like snowlerblades for you!?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
camhan22 wrote
 My 80's are only a 172. I traded a buddy of mine for them cause I wanted to try a short turny ski

HA...they were. I had to try them....WAYYYYYYY too turny for me tho. Turning is def overrated
Reply | Threaded
|

camhan22
campgottagopee wrote
gorgonzola wrote
camhan22 wrote

HA...they were. I had to try them....WAYYYYYYY too turny for me tho. Turning is def overrated
Yeah, but some of us look Real Purdy makin' 'em!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
campgottagopee wrote
Whoa, it's ATSD with a new handle!!!!
camhan, ATSD, whoeva...

Been traveling but just enabled your posting privileges. Ability to post links and new threads.

If someone wants to CHANGE their screen name for whatever reason it can be done.  It used to be easy to do but a few abused it, changing their screenname after every post so I shut it down.  I'll give anyone one chance to change their screenname if they give me a good reason.

Welcome... back?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
camhan22 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
gorgonzola wrote
camhan22 wrote

Yeah, but some of us look Real Purdy makin' 'em!!!

HEY!!! I still have one of the original chick magnet hats so you better back off, JACK!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
ml242 wrote
Does anyone know about the Paco?
Twin Tip
Early rise rocker tip and tail
Traditional camber in between (Camrock)
124-87-114
All wood core - No metal
New model last year marketed under the Freeski category
This ski is discontinued for the 2013/2014 in Nordica’s lineup

I have never skied it. I’ve read and watched some positive reviews. Although one review said it was soft and playful and another said it was stiff.  Sorry…that’s all I’ve got.
I was wrong about it being discontinued this year. It wasn't in the catalog I have, but I just saw it on the updated Nordica website.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by x10003q
blemishblemish
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
We should have an east coast Nordica blem convention.
Those H&Bs look great
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by x10003q
Just picked up a pair of last year's Mantras over at Maui North for my son at a great price. Funny to see this post, as he is in N. Cali and skis Tahoe often. I'll have to let him know of the Star Haus situation so he can pass the info to his friends. Thanks
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
They are having another nordiac blem sale at Start Haus starting Dec 2. I get nothing but good ski karma for this heads up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Start Haus
Yes, as x10003q said, we've got a new batch of blems online - smaller than the first, but today you can take another 10% off with the code CYBER13. We also have some cool package deals going: http://starthaus.com/outlet/package-deals.html - but the code will not work on those. Happy holidays and a great ski season!
The Start Haus Ski Shop, World Cup service for every skier.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Thank freaking goodness the Hell & Backs aren't part of that sale. I wouldn't be able to afford to but I wouldn't be able to afford not to...
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
riverc0il wrote
Thank freaking goodness FOR the Hell & Backs
       did   you   mean   this        ^    ?   i've been out ripping around on mine      
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.