classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
61 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Start Haus Sale of Nordica Blems

x10003q
This post was updated on .
The Star Haus of Truckee CA is selling a load of 2013 Nordica Skis with blemished top skins. The skis are structurally fine. The prices are crazy. I have no stake in the sale. I just picked up a pair of Fire Arrow 80 Pro w/412 tc binding for $399. There are Hell and Backs, Fuels, Steadfast, Enforcer, Doberman, Patron, Hellderado plus others and many women's skis.
Check it out

Start Haus Nordica Blems
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Start Haus Sale of Nordica Blems

campgottagopee
Pretty good deals right there....hard not to grab a pair of Patrons
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
Right?
Just crazy.
The Fire Arrows' graphics are so wacky that I probably will not be able to ID the defect.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Right?
Just crazy.
The Fire Arrows' graphics are so wacky that I probably will not be able to ID the defect.

For sure. I have a pair of 80 and 84 FA pros, you're gonna love em. As long as the bottoms are good, for that money, who cares!!

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Patrons on the way...

these are last years skis (obvi) and i'd say 130ish bucks under proform pricing
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Right?
Just crazy.

For sure. I have a pair of 80 and 84 FA pros, you're gonna love em. As long as the bottoms are good, for that money, who cares!!
What size are your 80s and how are they in variable conditions - chopped snow, crud, manmade Styrofoam ?

I know they will rip ice and hard pack because they are Nordicas. I was considering the Steadfast/Fuel and the Hell and Back/Enforcer lines. The H&B/Enforcer is too wide for me and for what I usually ski on (hard man made). The Steadfast was the other choice but I do not think there is any metal in it. It is a light wood core ski. The FA80 pro has 2 sheets of metal. I think that will work better with my 220lbs. If there were 84s , I might have picked them.

Which FA do you like better?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Right?
Just crazy.

What size are your 80s and how are they in variable conditions - chopped snow, crud, manmade Styrofoam ?

I know they will rip ice and hard pack because they are Nordicas. I was considering the Steadfast/Fuel and the Hell and Back/Enforcer lines. The H&B/Enforcer is too wide for me and for what I usually ski on (hard man made). The Steadfast was the other choice but I do not think there is any metal in it. It is a light wood core ski. The FA80 pro has 2 sheets of metal. I think that will work better with my 220lbs. If there were 84s , I might have picked them.

It's really hard for me to do a fair comparison for you. My 80's are only a 172. I traded a buddy of mine for them cause I wanted to try a short turny ski, really not for me. As long as your on edge they are fine, let them run and I get some tip slap.If they were longer I may like them better. the 84's are in a 184 and they flat ass rip----nothing stops them, soooooo stable at speed no matter what the conditions, they plow right thru everything. The Patrons i just ordered are 193..can't wait for snow!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
It's really hard for me to do a fair comparison for you. My 80's are only a 172. I traded a buddy of mine for them cause I wanted to try a short turny ski, really not for me. As long as your on edge they are fine, let them run and I get some tip slap.If they were longer I may like them better. the 84's are in a 184 and they flat ass rip----nothing stops them, soooooo stable at speed no matter what the conditions, they plow right thru everything. The Patrons i just ordered are 195..can't wait for snow!!!
I bought a 180 FA80. Nice buy on the Patrons. I cannot wait to ski either. The waiting to ski sucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
It's really hard for me to do a fair comparison for you. My 80's are only a 172. I traded a buddy of mine for them cause I wanted to try a short turny ski, really not for me. As long as your on edge they are fine, let them run and I get some tip slap.If they were longer I may like them better. the 84's are in a 184 and they flat ass rip----nothing stops them, soooooo stable at speed no matter what the conditions, they plow right thru everything. The Patrons i just ordered are 195..can't wait for snow!!!
I bought a 180 FA80. Nice buy on the Patrons. I cannot wait to ski either. The waiting to ski sucks.
Those will rip in a 180!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I believe Condor is a rep for Nordica, he may have some insight into some of the details on these. I remember him being a huge fan of the Patron. Fuje?
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Patrons on the way...

$166 under Camp

If these blemished skis have never been skied they are a really nice deal.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by x10003q
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Right?
Just crazy.

H&B, Steadfast, and Fuel are all I-core with no metal. The Fuel is discontinued for 2013-14. How wide is too wide for the East depends alot on your outlook. H&B is one of my go to skis in all conditions except the really firm days. For a ski without any metal they hold a supprising good edge. For a ski that wide they are very quick edge to edge. Except for  5 or 6 times I skied them everyday in March and April...so much fun. I own the Fuels too and save them for when I know I'll be skiing alot in the bumps...nice ski.

In my opinion the FA80 pro is a very nice ski, but the FA84 is supperior to it. I owned the original FA80 and liked it, but never loved it. I sold them after about 10 days on them and got a pair of Spitfire pros which I liked alot for firm days and also used in my old guy rec race league. When I first skied the 84's it was love at first run. These things rip at speed and you need to ski them that way...they're not an easy turner and you need to stay on top of them. If you let them ski the way they're meant to you'll feel like a train engine and the skis are your steel tracks. They are a blast.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
HPdrifter, Start Haus is totally legit.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
ml242 wrote
HPdrifter, Start Haus is totally legit.
Great
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Patrons on the way...

$166 under Camp

If these blemished skis have never been skied they are a really nice deal.

Agree, for 329 bucks and free shipping I was willing to roll the dice
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Right?
Just crazy.

H&B, Steadfast, and Fuel are all I-core with no metal. The Fuel is discontinued for 2013-14. How wide is too wide for the East depends alot on your outlook. H&B is one of my go to skis in all conditions except the really firm days. For a ski without any metal they hold a supprising good edge. For a ski that wide they are very quick edge to edge. Except for  5 or 6 times I skied them everyday in March and April...so much fun. I own the Fuels too and save them for when I know I'll be skiing alot in the bumps...nice ski.

In my opinion the FA80 pro is a very nice ski, but the FA84 is supperior to it. I owned the original FA80 and liked it, but never loved it. I sold them after about 10 days on them and got a pair of Spitfire pros which I liked alot for firm days and also used in my old guy rec race league. When I first skied the 84's it was love at first run. These things rip at speed and you need to ski them that way...they're not an easy turner and you need to stay on top of them. If you let them ski the way they're meant to you'll feel like a train engine and the skis are your steel tracks. They are a blast.

TRUTH right there. I can handle these things at GP or any other small hill, but at WF last year where you have real steeps I found myself trying to hold these things back....talk about work!!! They just want to go, and they do
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Patrons on the way!! Thanks for the heads up X-Man
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Darkside Shaman wrote
Patrons on the way!! Thanks for the heads up X-Man
Excellent and you are welcome. We will all need to get together and see if we can find the blems.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
jealous - so tempted to pick up a pair of hell and backs but a ski purchase so close to new mtb would have me arse in the doghouse  
Reply | Threaded
|

Start Haus
In reply to this post by x10003q
Thanks for spreading the word!

Just to touch on some questions, these aren't used skis, they are new skis that didn't pass Nordica's quality control for cosmetic issues only. As we've been going through the skis, we haven't been able to pick out the blemishes on a good portion of them, and others take some looking - none affect how the ski skis.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at online(at)starthaus.com.

-The Start Haus Team
The Start Haus Ski Shop, World Cup service for every skier.