Storm Speculation - 11/18/17

Why not? Let's do one of these.

Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Storm Speculation - 11/18/17

If this is the same event Darrin is thinking 11/19 or 11/20:

http://www.ilsnow.com/2017/11/10/white-lightning-thanksgiving/
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Okay. Change the title if you want.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

I never know how to date these things.  When in doubt I add a day, just because it seems to me that storms arrive later than predicted (a week out) and often head out to see faster than predicted 24 hours in advance. I have no idea, I'm leaving it.

EDIT to add: Right now it looks like your date is right. Storm to start wet on the 18th turn white after that.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

According to these folks    http://www.syracuse.com/weather/index.ssf/2017/11/significant_lake_effect_snow_in_upstate_ny_possible_this_weekend.html#incart_river_index

it's going to be East of the Lakes that sees the most of it.

I hope it isn't a repeat of last year.
NorEaster27 NorEaster27
Reply |

This should be renamed to Lake Effect snow event, the "storm" is rain..its the lake effect behind it that could benefit Whiteface with a lesser chance but still possible for Gore.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Good to have you back..

NorEaster27 wrote
This should be renamed to Lake Effect snow event, the "storm" is rain..its the lake effect behind it that could benefit Whiteface with a lesser chance but still possible for Gore.
Totally agree
"Peace and Love"
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
This image seems to back that up.

No rule that says a Storm Speculation thread has to be a certain kind of precip.

I think when Darrin posted two days ago he thought there was a chance that there might be some snow before the lake effect. Is this going to be a lake runner? What is the track?
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Just your standard low going west of the lakes , with a trailing cold front..Followed by some LES
"Peace and Love"
Harvey Harvey
Reply |