Storm Speculation: 3/22 - 3/23/2016

25 messages Options
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Storm Speculation: 3/22 - 3/23/2016

Things all of a sudden have gotten complicated and interesting.  Shot of snow Tuesday night, followed by a bigger shot of snow late Wed, with a messy mix to close out the week?  How well a blocking polar high, something we didn't have much/any of this season, holds will effect what happens in the Wed to Fri timeframe.  If it holds....Wed eve/overnight could produce 6 plus, with upwards of a foot for the Tues to Thurs period.

Thoughts?

I guess I'll deal with a foot new instead of spring conditions if I have to....

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

Re: Storm Speculation: 3/22 - 3/23/2016

Canvassing sites and looking at forecasts, looks like WF in the northern 'Dacks could be the winner if this clipper wave produces.  Gore looks like 6 inches max, while the Greens don't fair quite as well as the 'Dacks.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Here's my take..
This is a typical over running event , surface warm front is just south of ALB.
850mb zero line is thru the ADK's , moving north..
As of now it looks like a little light snow to sleet and then light rain for the whole region..
maybe 2-4 or 5 depending on how fast the change takes place..
"Peace and Love"
riverc0il riverc0il
Reply |

JasonWx wrote
Here's my take..
This is a typical over running event , surface warm front is just south of ALB.
850mb zero line is thru the ADK's , moving north..
As of now it looks like a little light snow to sleet and then light rain for the whole region..
maybe 2-4 or 5 depending on how fast the change takes place..
You forgot to add peace and love.

All I care about is getting warm and sunshine for the weekend so I can finally have a quality spring skiing day. The only thing worse than having a bad season is not having good spring skiing weather to end things strong. Light snow to sleet to rain isn't a great setup for the weekend. I don't even want more snow at this point, just give me some damn warm and sunshine so I can enjoy what is left of the snow...
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

unfortunately it ain't gonna happen this weekend.. pretty strong cold front on thur/friday.. but the late march sun is strong..

I'm saying it with Peace and Love..
"Peace and Love"
Sick Bird Rider Sick Bird Rider
Reply |

Hinterlands in the wheelhouse? Could be a really "Good" Friday. This from our "special weather statement" this morning:

weather.gc.ca wrote
Significant snowstorm threatening this week.

Although it's officially spring, winter weather is still normal this time of year around the Great Lakes. A weak disturbance will bring a few centimetres of snow to the region today. However, a stronger low pressure system is expected to emerge from Colorado and affect the region late Wednesday through Thursday evening. Latest indications suggest a significant snowfall will be possible with total amounts in the 15 to 30 centimetre range by Friday morning.

For you metrically challenged, 30 cm is about a foot.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Sick Bird Rider wrote
For you metrically challenged, 30 cm is about a foot.

TWSS in French!!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

Yes, that was three claps!
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
unfortunately it ain't gonna happen this weekend.. pretty strong cold front on thur/friday.. but the late march sun is strong.
I discovered today that you can....fuck the temps.  The corn is corn, the surface is soft, the sun is strong.  Go get it, regardless of what the Mercury says!
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

it looks like the sun will be out this weekend ..the corn should ripen nicely...
"Peace and Love"