Technology and Skiing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Technology and Skiing

adkskier
Like it or not, many of us remain attached to the world via smartphone while skiing. I'm often concerned about the potential of dropping my iPhone from the lift or getting it wet. I found a great disposable, but re-usable, case. It looks like a glorified zip-lock bag and even offers an option for a lanyard. (Disclaimer: I don't work for the company.) pretty cool product and very inexpensive. They're running a 2-4-1 special. http://www.ilocstore.com/pages/winter_promo
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Technology and Skiing

Jackalope
Interesting product, adkskier.  For several years I've been using a similar product, called a "baggie" with great results.  Just as with the Ilocs, the "baggie" comes in different sizes to accomodate different technology form factors, and is reusable.  Best of all, at around $3.00 per hundred, the "baggie" is even less expensive than the Ilocs!  
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
And the peanut butter residue probably helps make your Crackberry perform all the better!
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
I believe he keeps his peanut butter and jelly sandwich in a reusable container. My baggie is of the zip-loc variety, extra waterproof.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

fahz
 "yellow and blue makes green, its sealed!"
11/25, 1/28, 4/6 Okemo; 12/03, 3/4, 4/7 Stratton; 12/10 - Skiing Santas, 1/15, 3/10 Whiteface; 12/22, 3/3 Gore; 12/26 Snow Ridge; 12/28 Stratton; 1/20 Mt Sunapee; 1/21 Pico; 2/3 Killington; 2/7, 3/7 Windham; 2/16 Eldora; 2/17, 2/18, 2/20 Winter Park; 2/19 Steamboat; 2/21 Copper; 3/11 Jiminy Peak; 3/17 Bromley; 3/25, 4/8 Belleayre; 3/31 Hunter
Reply | Threaded
|

SkiBandit
I have to agree with adskier here.  I've used ziplocs before and they tear easily plus I have to wrap it around my phone and try to pull it snug to use the touchscreen on my iPhone.  It's also not cool pulling out a ziploc when your phone rings while you're talking to the ladies.  I've used the iLoc on two ski trips and it works great for me.  It's thicker material and it's custom fitted to my phone.  It's also a talking point with the lovely ladies when i pull my phone out.  Not embarrassed pulling out a ziploc baggie.  Well worth it for me for just fifty cents.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by adkskier
i thought baggies were for storing the other essentials in
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by SkiBandit
SkiBandit wrote
  It's also not cool pulling out a ziploc when your phone rings while you're talking to the ladies.   It's also a talking point with the lovely ladies when i pull my phone out.  Not embarrassed pulling out a ziploc baggie.  Well worth it for me for just fifty cents.
Either one is just as dorkish...............why are you talking on the phone at that point anyway
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
Brownies?
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
adkskier wrote
freeheeln wrote
Brownies?
I remember someone sharing their brownies with me on the slope. They were so good, I could eat one of them....man.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
wax
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.