I'll sort this out later.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Ski Videos

lingerlonger
Banned User
Yikes.  I couldn't get past the first 60 seconds.  What a load of phony, pretentious horseshit.  "Buddhist" pyschobabble.  Skiing is very cool but keep it real.  That shit is embarrassing.  In the end you're just playing around on snow.  It's no more or less legitimate, authentic or genuine than watching a Star Trek telethon.  Please get over yourself; you're making me sick.
Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
Burgermeister wrote
Let me guess, I'm probably not the only one that makes you sick.
No, right now you're pretty much the only one. But the day is young yet.

Burgermeister wrote
When I noticed you posted in this thread, I was eager to see what type of video you had for us. I was hoping it was one you shot and edited. Do you have any for us?
Yeah right!

listen, the video is pretentious.  That really can't be seriously disputed.

It's just skiing.
You ain't all that.
I ain't all that.

But I hope you continue to ski and continue to have fun doing so.  If you find God or Yaweh or the Truth or Nirvana or Enlightment or... whatever ... then more power to you.  Me?  I'll be satisfied to find some soft snow and a cold beer at the end of the day.

Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
The pretentiousness comes from the Buddhist master blathering on in the background and the cheesy music.  It's an over played cliché'.  It's God-awful and you should destroy it immediately and deny having anything to do with its creation or dissemination.  Shit like that can get your ass kicked.
Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
You take yourself, and me, too seriously.  Let's see if you can resist responding to this post.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I feel as though I need to thank you two for keeping me entertained today -- that's how bored I am at work today, so thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
In reply to this post by Burgermeister
Burgermeister wrote
Let me know if you think the above was okay to write. If not, please respond back with many remarks meant to devalue me as person and I will remove it and write what you think I should. Thank you.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I really don't want to moderate much. It potentially curtails free speech, and it's extra work for me.

This thread was going so well.  Now I've got all this mess I have to either clean up or leave here.

If I leave it, it's kinda destokes a stoke thread.

Maybe I'll chunk off the last 8 or 10 posts and merge them with all the crap in the avalanche thread. I could put it all together in it's own thread - we could call it the crap thread - and keep it in the off topic.  

Then if someone wanted to avoid it, it would be easier.

My admittedly unsolicited two cents:

If the goal is to contribute, and to be heard, not telling others they suck in every other sentence, is a good strategy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
My suggestion is create a sub-forum named "the basement" or "head explody" or "trolls only" and move it there.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
I just got back from a great day of skiing and thought I would drop in and see what was up on Harvey Road. Since this is one of my favorite threads and there was a new post, I checked it out.

What a buzzkill the above posts were.

Lingerlonger = Threadkiller. There is enough hate on the Internet, no need for it on HR. That's one of the reasons I hang out here: it is (was) a hate-free zone by unwritten consensus. You have messed it up.

Burgermeister, stop turning the other cheek and give up on LL. Hopeless case.

Harv, enable PMs or some way for people to take their arguments outside the forum. Or do like Michaeltokyo said.

What did our mothers used to say? "If you don't have something nice to say, then sometimes it is best not to say anything."

HR should strive to be like a canoe trip, described well in the words of a very esoteric professor I once had: a non-hierarchical collaborative community. Think about it.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
Sick Bird Rider wrote
There is enough hate on the Internet, no need for it on HR. That's one of the reasons I hang out here: it is (was) a hate-free zone by unwritten consensus. You have messed it up.
Dude, I don't "hate" anybody.  Relax.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
SBR - PMs should work? Is anyone else having problems? If you want to email someone click on their avatar and then click "Send Email to "So-and-so."  It's a good idea. If you think someone sucks - email them.

With regard to hierarchy - I'm trying to be "in charge" as little as possible. Obviously the more civil we all are the more that is possible.  Based on the email I'm getting, most of you want something like SBR's canoe trip.

With regard to this thread - I'd like it to be mostly videos, and comments on what's been posted.  I'll probably move at least some of what came after Fujative's post into another thread, or maybe I'll kill it.

That process will be way easier for me if any new videos are posted as replies to Fuje's post:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Best-Ski-Videos-tp1242537p2464245.html

Look I don't want to sound like a whiner, but my life is jam packed in winter. I've got more than a full time job, a family, I spend 10-12 hours a week driving to the mountains another 12 hours skiing. And Harvey Road takes a lot of my time.

I want this place to be about free speech. But ultimately if someone is taking me away from that list of things above, just for the fun of it, I'll do something about it.

Thanks for the help.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I've got a thing for basements, you know, kind of a man cave thing. Just wnated to post in the basement.