This Could Be Fun

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: This Could Be Fun

D.B. Cooper
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Ha! 50 here as well. Though I had to stretch for some answers in the context of being Hinterlandian.
Dudes,There is no way I'm more woodchuck then you guys. What did you  miss?
I must be the real woodchuck then because I thought the lower the score the more woodchuck one would be  

I haven't been to any of those restaurants, or seen any of the movies, and had no clue what Branson was
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Well, apparently I'm more of a "real American" than camp and tjf, so I'm happy. Maybe it's because I realize Branson is a gambling mecca in Missouri or that I worked construction for a few summers.

I don't like being called some type of "elitist" because I don't know all the military ranks (even though I knew a few)
Must be because of how open minded you are politically  
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I also misread it as lower score= more isolated in bubble.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
As long as the honey badger is happy that's the best we can hope for.  
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
You didn't misread it.  The lower the score the thicker your bubble.....and the less connected you are to the real American woodchucks.  

The bubble in question isn't a woodchuck bubble, it's the new upper class bubble that is isolating you from the woodchucks.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JTG4eva! wrote
witch hobble wrote
You didn't misread it.  The lower the score the thicker your bubble.....and the less connected you are to the real American woodchucks.  

The bubble in question isn't a woodchuck bubble, it's the new upper class bubble that is isolating you from the woodchucks.
PHEW!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
High score indicates you live outside the bubble, low score is part of the elite. Most of us are in the middle.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
witch hobble wrote

Load up the minivan kids! We're headed for Applebee's I guess.  See how real Americans eat.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx

I'd rather skip the meal then eat in a corporate restaurant
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
24, lowest score in this thread.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Can somebody explain what is meant by a low or high score?

I got stuck on the first question. I have no idea how many on my street have a college education.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Low score, like Sno's, our bubble boy, indicates you have a thick "new upper class" bubble insulating you from the real, woodchuck, redneck, white trash 'Merica!  The higher the score the thinner your bubble, and the more you can identify with working class America.

Supposedly, according to this quiz.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
The test is bit off...I have worked a blue collar type job most of my life.. I am just surrounded by upper class people..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I got stuck on the first question. I have no idea how many on my street have a college education.
My current street didn't come into play answering this one.  The question is did you ever live, not do you currently live, for at least a year, in such a neighborhood.  For me, at least, with my working class/poverty level parents I grew up in a neighborhood that wasn't highly college educated, or at least I strongly suspect it wasn't.  Not like I took surveys at the time.

If I answered based on my current neighborhood my score would shoot down to Sno levels!  However, growing up on the mean streets means I can identify with the common man!

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I have lived on my current street since 1986. I know some people have college degrees, but we have many blue collar peeps and I never asked them if they went to college or not. Before that I had no neighbors (old dirt road far from anyone). Before that I was in college. Before that I lived with my folks.

I'm not sure you can test for this.  In this "job" (head NYSB dude) I live a the world with both flatlanders and mountain peeps.  I'd say ask the people who really know me to figure out whether I am insulated from the realities that face Americans. I can say that I try hard to do it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Low score, like Sno's, our bubble boy, indicates you have a thick "new upper class" bubble insulating you from the real, woodchuck, redneck, white trash 'Merica!  The higher the score the thinner your bubble, and the more you can identify with working class America.

Isn't it a little patronizing to assume that working class people can't read the back of the Brawndo box and see the concerns that others might have as well though? Not just "liberal upper class", but also minorities, women, etc? Seems like it works both ways...
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
ML, you see I keep adding 'supposedly, according to this quiz"......

I don't necessarily agree with the quiz, and your observation is quite valid!