Today's Hike

150 messages Options
1 ... 12131415
nepa nepa
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Today's Hike

Down @ sea level yesterday.... up to 13.796k today.

The observatories on Mauna Kea

JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

very cool
"Peace and Love"
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

In reply to this post by nepa
Great pictures.

Camp....what sort of gun were you using to shoot up that sign?
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

Never got a chance to post this last month.  Beacon Mountain.  While the Hudson Highlands are no Adirondacks, they are beautiful in their own right.  For somewhere from which you can see NYC on a clear day, they can seem so far away.  A four hour hike took us up the main trail on Beacon Mountain, past the ruins of the cog railway and hotel, out to the Beacon Reservoir, up to the Fire Tower, and back down.

Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Awesome spot. I've been meaning to get my boys over there but we're all pretty overscheduled lately. Great paddling along  the Hudson up there too
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
nepa nepa
Reply |

Up on Camel's Hump today... pretty warm for late October...

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

nepa wrote

Looks like a fun day.

Nice smile bro. Do you ever visit nepa land in winter or ski in the northeast? "Home for christmas or...?
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
nepa nepa
Reply |

Thanks Harv.  I grew up Skiing the East. My brother from another mother settled in VT about 20 years ago.  Been up in the Northeast for the past couple of weeks... started in RI with my parents... have been in the NEK since last week. Will end up flying out of Portland next week.  Since moving West, I have been back East for Xmas & ThanksG several times, but have not put boards on snow over here since 2009.  I have more time now.  At some point, I'll ride snow over here again.  I have a super strong connection in VT, so I'll always have a reason to visit.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Doubtful I could keep up with you in the BC, but it would be fun to make turns in bounds or have a beer or both.  Plattekill would be cool, but might snow might not line up with your schedule. Big dreams of returning to Smuggs, but current family situation makes that hard. Hey you never know.

As always, thanks for posting.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
nepa nepa
Reply |

For sure Harv.  And as always, Thanks again for hosting.  Your work is much appreciated by many.  

Let's hope for a powder packed season all over the Northern Hemisphere 😎😁😱
1 ... 12131415