Too tired to continue, no problem.... WTF!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Too tired to continue, no problem.... WTF!

ScottyJack
Essex County
McKenzie Mountain Wilderness
Town of Wilmington
Distressed hiker: On June 10, 2015 at 4:15 p.m., DEC Ray Brook Dispatch received a call from a 37-year-old man from Hollywood, FL saying that he and his dog had become exhausted and could not continue to the summit of Whiteface Mountain. Ray Brook Dispatch advised him to call 911 to obtain his GPS coordinates. A DEC Forest Ranger responded with an ATV to the Connery Pond Trail and continued to Whiteface Landing where he talked to the man by phone. The Ranger met up with the hiker just south of the Whiteface lean-to and provided him with food and water before assisting him back to Whiteface Landing. The Forest Ranger then gave the man and his dog a ride back to the trailhead by ATV. The incident concluded at 8:00 p.m.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Too tired to continue, no problem.... WTF!

gebbyfish
Weak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Sadly, there will be more and more of these incidents in our uber-connected  world. Got my SPOT, InReach, Sat phone, Smart Phone, whatever. Pick me up, dudes, I'm done. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and sucking it up? Not to mention being prepared and doing a little research?

Ironically, I have seven SPOTs in my desk drawer that I rent to customers, plus three SAT phones for our guided trips. The technology is awesome if used appropriately.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Map and compass. Batteries don't go dead either.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
 Sadly, there will be more and more of these incidents in our uber-connected  world. Got my SPOT, InReach, Sat phone, Smart Phone, whatever. Pick me up, dudes, I'm done. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and sucking it up? Not to mention being prepared and doing a little research?
True. I've been telling people that for years. They go to the wilderness with a false sense of security.... it ain't Disneyworld, yo azz isn't as covered as it is there.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Biz opportunity here

Create an Uber for the Daks with rates running way up there based on the location
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Coach Z wrote
Biz opportunity here. Create an Uber for the Daks with rates running way up there based on the location
With surge pricing