classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Two Cons Escape from Dannemora

Harvey
Administrator
It seemed like the trooper reporting on the DNA find was not willing to be pinned down on whether or not there was evidence of two.

One thing is for sure this is a big break. If these guys are within 20 miles of Dannemora after 10 days, they don't have a car, so unless one is reported stolen, they are in the area.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
They apparently found a discarded pair of prison undies:

http://gawker.com/reports-cops-found-escaped-prisoners-underwear-inside-1713078565
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Spongeworthy wrote
They apparently found a discarded pair of prison undies:

http://gawker.com/reports-cops-found-escaped-prisoners-underwear-inside-1713078565
Note to self:  Next time you break out of a maximum security prison.....do it commando!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Today's hot zone

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Call in the Warp Daddy, he'll set them straight. Jeebus, that is not far from my brother's house, just across the border.

I can't believe they haven't turned themselves in to get away from the mosquitoes and black flies.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Drove in that area today on my way to a quarry in Bangor, NY. Big police presence.
Reply | Threaded
|

noip
Matt is dead
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
noip wrote
Matt is dead
I thought they were going to find them in some little remote cabin up the hill from North River playing with a new chainsaw and mountain bike.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Titus Mountain!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The moron shot at a camper and got found.  Sounds like suicide by cop at the end.

I have a hard time thinking they were still together though so finding the other one quickly may not happen
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
These dudes  were on MY Mountain dammit , they were on Lake Titus .very nearby

We were in the area yesterday on our way back from Cape Cod when all hell broke loose !!! We were approaching Malone on backroad shortcuts i know at 4:45 when all of a sudden we see cop cars scrambling like a sumbitch , christmas lites flashing and sirens blaring . We detoured and went home a different way , must have seen 30 cop cars between Malone and O burg.

Got on the smart phone while in the car  and found out they had just iced Matt .My bet is that sumbitch iced Sweat and decided to go out in a blaze of glory , IF not my back up wager is Sweat will ice himself .

Did you see the pics of the interior of the camp they were holed up in ......nottooo shabby

A matter of time , NOW the focus is how screwed up the operational  management of that prison is and the laxity of the guards and the general need to refocus how correctional services in a MAXPEN must change to prevent any further screwups  like this major break ! NYSDOCCS and NYSCOPBA have much ro answer for this situation imho .

heads need to roll
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looks like they got number 2.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yep shot him and he in malone hospital now
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Classic description The New York Times the officer said he was walking toward me and then I called out to him and he broke into a run
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
So happy this is over

I really feel for those that live in those communities majorly impacted.  Now they can get back to the normal ADK way of life

Thanks to all the people that keep us safe for getting these animals.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Classic description The New York Times the officer said he was walking toward me and then I called out to him and he broke into a run
Very lucky it was the right guy, just think of what the fall out would be if he shot some common criminal, excessive force charges and all.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
The North Country will sleep well tonite , Gov will have a press conference at 7 pm at the Upper Mtn Lodge at Titus Mtn ,

wonder if Titus will add. A few new trail names next season  as a result of this episode
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Harvey wrote
Very lucky it was the right guy, just think of what the fall out would be if he shot some common criminal, excessive force charges and all.
No doubt there was going to be zero hesitation in the use of potentially deadly force to take down both of these guys.  I'd also bet my bottom dollar they were 110% sure they had the right guy before pulling the trigger, in both cases.  Glad it's over.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Given the massive manhunt, it is kind of amazing that Sweat was taken down by an officer on routine patrol:

Hinterlandian National News wrote
A state police sergeant shot David Sweat in the town of Constable, N.Y., about 2.4 kilometres south of the Canadian border and 48 kilometres northwest of the prison, after spotting him walking along a road and recognizing him, Cuomo said...

Sgt. Jay Cook was alone and on routine patrol when he stumbled upon Sweat. He gave chase when Sweat fled and decided to fire as the fugitive approached a tree line where Cook feared he would lose him, state police said.

"I can only assume he was going for the border," Superintendent Joseph D'Amico said.
I have driven through Constable many times over the years, it is a pretty sleepy place. Only a short hike to the border at Trout River and then 10 minutes by car to my brother's house in Quebec.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report