Uphill

classic Classic
16 messages Options
Reply |  

Uphill

Peter Minde
Shoot, why would anyone want to ski down Whiteface when they can ski up the toll road.

http://fasterskier.com/blog/article/win-3-for-duncan-douglas-hannah-rieders-top-woman-at-wide-open-climb-to-the-castle/

Reply |  

Re: Uphill

Harvey
Admin
Peter Minde wrote

Peter some will never understand the beauty of the uphill.

Congrats bro!

"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Reply |  

Peter Minde
@ Harv.  BTW overall men's winner Robert Duncan Douglas, 50 years old, two time former Olympian in biathlon, his main comp was like 20 or so years younger.

Reply |  

BigK75
Man that's fast.  I went up there twice on my bike and both attempts were over 1hr and 10min.  

Claude

Reply |  

JasonWx
Just like in MTB ...The satisfaction is in the climb...

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

ScottyJack
you obvi have not ridden All In on Hardy Road!

"True Grit is like a river.  The deeper it runs, the less noise it makes."
Reply |  

BRLKED
All In and Good Luck two of my favorite trails!

Reply |  

Telemark Dave
IMHO, the ONLY rational for riding uphill is the downhill.  

Reply |  

PeeTex
In reply to this post by BigK75
BigK75 wrote
Man that's fast.  I went up there twice on my bike and both attempts were over 1hr and 10min.  

Claude
Been up many times on my bike. I think my best time was about 1hr 15min from the cross roads at Wilmington.. When I use to do the uphill race in the late spring there were people doing it on unicycles and tandems. I can't imagine that - but I have seen it with my own eyes.

Reply |  

JohnIrvingwrestles
In reply to this post by Peter Minde
Has anyone done the Whiteface Sky race?  It's a running race from the base of the gondi up to the summit via Cloudspin.  Scheduled July 8 this yr.  I'm toying with the idea of running it & looking for tips.