Voile V6 BC & Fritshci Vipec 12

15 messages Options
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Voile V6 BC & Fritshci Vipec 12

Bought this rig earlier in the season, had it out for the first time today. The V6's are the most well handling ski I have had in an AT rig. The Vipecs are a joy. I have just one problem with them. Had to cross a stream that was still a little open and one ski went in. The toe piece iced up and refused to completely lock open. I was able to make it work but it was annoying. The 1/3 fish scale worked very well. I was able to climb moderate grades with them and only had to side step in a few places - much better than putting skins on and off or struggling with a herringbone. The snow conditions were still a little crusty with about 3" of fluff on top so I really did not get a feel for their deep snow performance but I am sure they will be fine. I did hit some icy patches and the edge hold seemed fine. This will now be my go-2 touring ski and can't wait to take them up a few slides.
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Re: Voile V6 BC & Fritshci Vipec 12

I don't think bindings are manufactured for underwater use.  Sounds like operator error to me.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

when crossing streams I generally take some time to push snow into the stream and gently pack it in to build myself a snow bridge.  Getting wet skis is not in your best interest.  

At least you were smart enough to figure out which AT binding company is now  the best!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

ScottyJack wrote
Such a classic combo.
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

yeah that may be the way I respond to PeeHead from this point forward!  Cause Im so mature!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
Truly was operator error, thought I could make it the first time but my ski didn't hold the bank when I tried to side step over the first crossing and on the second I thought the ice layer was strong enough to hold but nope. These things happen in the BC but this is the first time (binding) I have had that didn't come right back after being worked a few times. So from that I will make sure I keep them dry.  
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Take the time to push the snow in bro. Better to be deliberant than malfunctioning ....  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Really would not have worked, I should have clicked out and walked across
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Well getting water in the boot toe holes is not recommended either. I could suggest some professional guides to assist you.  Dont want my rangers friends to have come get you.
I ride with Crazy Horse!