71 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Walking Dead

Spongeworthy
JTG4eva! wrote
Couple theories making the rounds.

First.....Nicholas fell on top of Glenn after blowing his brains out and knocking them both into the herd, and it's Nicholas' guts being chomped on.  Is it possible that Glenn, cloaked in blood and guts, avoids being bitten, and perhaps gets safely under the dumpster to wait it out?

Second theory.......and it has to do with Nicholas blowing his brains out, or not?  You see, before they climb atop the dumpster Nicholas is presumably out of bullets, indicated by a telltale 'click, click' that didn't come from Glenn's weapon.  So with no apparent reload....how does one blow their brains out (and take Glenn into the herd) if one has no bullets?  Could the demise scene have been a hallucination?

The way the scene was shot was a bit off angle, didn't look right, as if Glenn were being devoured.  For a series that does things well, why is Glenn not choking up blood if his innards are being torn about?  Most importantly, why wasn't Glenn (Steven Yeun) on the Talking Dead after his demise, as has been EVERY other important character that has died to date?

I think the 'Glenn isn't dead' theories have some traction.
I spent way too much time Monday scouring the Internet for all those theories, and then re-watching the scene on my DVR, to deal with my shock and grief over Glenn's death Sunday night, which I accepted fully at the time. As for the hallucination theory, which would be really lame and unprecedented for this series, I can't tell whether the click of an empty pistol came from Nicholas; he may have just switched to his blade because the walkers were so close. Besides, Nicholas was inept and worthless, so not emptying his clip wouldn't be a surprise. I think the entrails being devoured are from Nicholas because it's nearer to Glenn's chest (no entrails there) and Glenn is not coughing up blood. When the camera pulls back from above, it does seem that, just maybe, Glenn is trying to inch under the dumpster and that the walkers busy feeding on Nicholas are blocking others from getting to Glenn. So if all that is not entirely implausible, he just waits until something draws the horde away.

At least that's my hope, and how they handled his "death" on Talking Dead allows such hope. I also hope they don't leave us hanging next week because I fear the upcoming episode might be entirely a flashback episode about Morgan (who is really pissing me off since he showed up in Alexandria).

As for whether Glenn dies later as he did in the comics, that's gonna be real tough to watch.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Eastman was cool.  I could of totally hung out at that cabin for the rest of my life.  

cool episode.  I was down with the slow pace.  

Open the gates!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Okay
Eastman was a cool character but that story could have been told in a third or half the time they devoted to it. Everything since then has been more of the same. It's like the whole series is treading water now. Clearly, they've hit the pause button and won't be moving the plot forward this season. My only question now is will we learn what really happened to Glen after the mid season break or at the end of the next batch of episodes?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I like the way its progressing..  makes it more real with an everyday kinda perspective.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I owe the walking dead an apology. Also, I knew  that was how it  would turn out all along
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
That was interesting.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Oh man!  gonna be a long wait till feb!  that showdown on the highway is gonna be some good killing!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Do you think we will see Deanna again as a walker?  She used all of her bullets on walkers and didn't save one for herself..
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
That was awesome. Maybe the best episode yet?

We were real happy to see Sam get it.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
missed it. too much fun at Mahogany ridge...  we'll have to catch it on the re-run.
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
AMC App.....watched the episode on my iPhone this morning.  Wow, great episode.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Somehow let it get by me Sunday night. I finally got to it... Great episode, best of the season so far in my opinion. I still hate the AMC app; strikes me odd that Netflix and Amazon work so well on my IPad but AMC's is very glitchy.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
holy crap that was awesome!

I loved the motorcycle gang getting smoked!!  

I'm glad those whiney brat kids got chomped, but wish their mom didn't...  

Finally Morgan manned up and killed that evil freak!

that was so sweet when the Asian bro was saved at the end too!  

Wicked good episode, gonna be a great season.  the motorcycle gang's leader will come knocking for sure - he lost like 15 dudes!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I think we're gonna see a shift toward turf wars this season.  Rick now has a very strong crew!   
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
missed it. too much fun at Mahogany ridge...  we'll have to catch it on the re-run.

wussy
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
geek peak gaper!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Wow
That was crazy
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Brownski wrote
Wow
That was crazy
Holy shit! I just watched it on dvr. My heart is still racing!