Wasatch Conditions

32 messages Options
1234
jjp24 jjp24
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Wasatch Conditions

We finally got some love last weekend here in the Wasatch. Up to 2 feet of the really light stuff.



jjp24 jjp24
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

Well it has been a fun two weeks. About 10 more inches last Thursday-Friday. Great conditions over the weekend, though not quite as deep as last weekend. I'm beginning to understand why this place is so special. Looks like we might get the high pressure treatment for a little while again... Maybe time to start going back down to the desert.







onscott onscott
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

In reply to this post by jjp24
Nice pics - made my day!  I'm headed out there on 2/6...keeping my fingers crossed for some more snow.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

In reply to this post by jjp24
Nice pics!  Glad Utah has finally started getting good.  Yes, the ridge is back.  The GFS has the ridge breaking down around the 4th or 5th.  It’s a ways to go, but a glimmer of hope.  I’ll be out there on the 10th and 11th.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
jjp24 jjp24
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

I hope we get more snow soon! Unfortunately it seems rather unlikely considering the open snow forecast I read this morning.  Apparently little to no chance for snow in the next two weeks :(
jjp24 jjp24
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

Also side note: the slope in my second to last picture (the one with multiple ski tracks and a skin track) slid this weekend. We still have a nasty persistent slab problem with our snowpack and it is unlikely to go away anytime soon.
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

Starting to think it might be worth a couple hundred dollars in penalties to move/cancel my trip Feb 9-11.  Going elsewhere I can probably cut the cost of lift tickets and other things to offset those penalties/change fees a bit.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

Unless something drastic happens, i would agree with you on this..The ridge out west is budging at all...
"Peace and Love"
onscott onscott
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

Kicking myself for locking in to a fixed date and location.  Usually wait until last minute and then go where there is snow.  Staying in PC but probably will be driving over to BCC as Brighton and Solitude are almost 100% and with one good storm should be great.
jjp24 jjp24
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view
 

Re: Wasatch Conditions

I’d recommend making the drive to Alta over Brighton. They are the only two places I’ve ridden lifts so far this year. At Brighton on Sunday I felt like I skied all the available terrain in two hours while at Alta in a whole day of skiing I only scratched the surface. Alta seemed to have significantly more snow too. Either way get there really early, the traffic going into either canyon can be heinous on the weekends.
Reply
1234