What Happened to February

15 messages Options
JamesP JamesP
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

What Happened to February

All the reports were for a reprise of late December early January pattern, but in the Cat's we are seeing rain and more rain. Can anyone explain? and is Hunter done with Snow Making, seems early
louie.mirags louie.mirags
Reply |

Re: What Happened to February

I recall hunter blowing snow last year thru presidents day at the least.  We had that warm up mid to late season before the blizzard in march so they were blowing snow later than I would have thought to get the base back.  
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

The rest of Feb looks like a wash. No clue what happened. I thought February was going to be below average. But I'm pretty sure we're going to come out well above average. Long range forecast doesn't look good. Maybe we'll get some snow in March.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
JamesP JamesP
Reply |

I sort of remember Hunter blowing in 2017 right up to March, but aside from some short bursts of cold it doesn't look like they will  have the opportunity , ugh just shows, all the February  forecasts of just a few weeks ago were wrong. Global Warming?
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Not climate exactly, it's weather.  But even when we were in the deep freeze the rest of the world was extremely warm.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

Forecast doesn't look great. I remember that we had 60 degree temps last President's weekend. It was fun to get some Spring skiing in and sit on the deck at Platty, but man, it wrecked the snowpack.

Hope we either have a snowy, cold March or a warm, dry March so I can start mountain biking. Last year, we had an early March storm that saved the season. Gotta get lucky again.
JamesP JamesP
Reply |

Damn cold tonight but I guess if they blew it would be pretty go to  waste,though I think it would be smart marketing if Hunter had some  guns going when they could this week,  going to Jackson Hole Feb 28 so I got that going for me.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Forecast doesn't look great. I remember that we had 60 degree temps last President's weekend. It was fun to get some Spring skiing in and sit on the deck at Platty, but man, it wrecked the snowpack.

Hope we either have a snowy, cold March or a warm, dry March so I can start mountain biking. Last year, we had an early March storm that saved the season. Gotta get lucky again.
If you could go ahead and wait until March to talk about mountain biking, that'd be great.
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

Agree. I was skiing MTB trails today. Ground is still covered. May lose that cover for a bit, but I bet we'll still be doing quite bit of skiing in March. If it doesn't hit 70 this month we will be doing better than last year.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Marcski Marcski
Reply |

Platty was blowing today..Plunge/GS and some near the base.

It may not be pretty, but it ain't over. Vt. has a deeper snowpack too...K-mart will still be rockin' April into May.