This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What really matters?

Michaeltokyo
Hey, with all due respect for your point of view is there a way to get a 2:41 version instead of the 2:41:25 YouTube clip that only the converted will sit through?  Never read War and Peace because it was too long, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
How is this not 'political"?
Reply | Threaded
|

Burgermeister
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

lingerlonger
Banned User
It doesn't "transcend" anything.  It's political.  period.  You can't explain everything by referring to the liner notes of the Beatles White Album.  Put the bong away.

The question is, why do you consider Harvey's rule so unworthy that you can can just shamlessly flaunt it?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
lingerlonger wrote
It doesn't "transcend" anything.  It's political.  period.  You can't explain everything by referring to the liner notes of the Beatles White Album.  Put the bong away.

The question is, why do you consider Harvey's rule so unworthy that you can can just shamlessly flaunt it?
I'll be honest, I haven't watch the long video posted by Burgermeister.  I don't really know if it's political or not.

In my mind the ban on political posts isn't to prohibit statements like "NY state politicians don't know how to run a ski area." It's designed to kill debate about which political views, left or right, are "better."  Those conversations never seem get anywhere, and they aren't about our focus - "Skiing, Riding, Snow and The Mountains."

When I started the forum last summer - I could only think of one rule - "respect others." We've added other rules since then, but ultimately they are all just iterations of the first rule.

I think it's disingenuous to call out Burgermeister for a rules violation when you have laced a majority of your posts with disrespect for others.

Based on the email I'm getting, I'm in the minority - I think you know a lot about skiing, and could be a great contributor if you exercised a little restraint. I have no idea if your positions are firmly held or you think it's fun to insult people. Ultimately it doesn't matter. It's only actions that matter.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by lingerlonger
Whoa, heavy stuff bro.

I'm way too shallow to entertain anything like that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
I think it's disingenuous to call out Burgermeister for a rules violation when you have laced a majority of your posts with disrespect for others.

Based on the email I'm getting, I'm in the minority - I think you know a lot about skiing, and could be a great contributor if you exercised a little restraint. I have no idea if your positions are firmly held or you think it's fun to insult people. Ultimately it doesn't matter. It's only actions that matter.
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Harvey
Grain of salt comes to mind.
Reply | Threaded
|