What’s your favorite beer?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What’s your favorite beer?

Brownski
All things considered, quality, personal taste, value, history, connection to the brands etc... It’s hard to pick just one I know so if you want to pick favs in a few categories I guess I can allow that. I think I could winnow mine down to two.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What’s your favorite beer?

campgottagopee
My go to, I'm drinking all day beer is Rolling Rock. If I'm treating myself it's Trapp pilsner.
The Trapp brewery is a customer of one of our crew. He's in the filtration side of the business, he sells centrifuges to breweries. He brings me a case back when he visits them.
Just cracked the one on the left 👍

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
My left or the beers’ left?
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .

how could I resist

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Brownski
Unlike with Bourbon....on beer I couldn’t pick a favorite.

I was REALLY disappointed when the Cloudspin Lounge stopped carry Ubu on tap, so there’s that.  I’ll never pass up a Keegan’s Mothers Milk or a Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout when I see them on tap, so I guess dark beers are my favorite?

At home I’ll drink almost anything.  Almost.  Sometimes I want a dark beer, sometimes an IPA...but no real go to staples.  I’m just finishing off a twelve of Magic Hat #9, and I’ve got some Fat Tire in the garage.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I can’t pass up a mother’s milk either. I think Guinness is my favorite dark beer though (and almost tied for favorite overall- call it #2). My overall all time favorite is Utica Club Pilsner. I’m not a fan of the new trendy IPAs in general.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Go to in a Bar: Guinness (but yeah,that Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout is good, too)
Home watching TV: good IPA, right now I have Sip of Sunshine, but I buy Sierra Nevada Torpedo & Founders Centennial a lot
Pocket beers for golfing, hiking & skiing (+ cheap beer for after I drink 1 or 2 IPAs): High Life or PBR
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Anything made by Treehouse Brewery Charlton, ma

Best IPAs on the planet
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
Z wrote

Best IPAs on the planet
I like IPA's and Pale Ales the most. Treehouse does make some of the best but there are other good ones around as well.
Hot day in the summer I like a Miller High Life in a bottle with a lime. Like it better than a Corona with lime. (The beer. Not the virus)
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote

Best IPAs on the planet
You know, I think I was very loose in setting the thread ground rules here but come on. You can do a top 3 or identify favorites within different categories etc but I feel like “anything by... “ is a thread foul. What’s your favorite Treehouse IPA?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Brownski wrote
Z wrote

Best IPAs on the planet
You know, I think I was very loose in setting the thread ground rules here but come on. You can do a top 3 or identify favorites within different categories etc but I feel like “anything by... “ is a thread foul. What’s your favorite Treehouse IPA?
They have like 10 regular IPAs and a steady stream of one offs in their numbered series
My fav is Julius a big citrus forward fruit bomb of an ipa super hoppy but not bitter with the signature Treehouse soft mouthfeel which I understand is from the yeast and adding Oats
Tango is also great but it’s a seasonal as is Snow a double wheat Ipa
The numbered series are always double ipas and fantastic but I prefer single ipas as I don’t need the extra alcohol at my age

Pulling these out of my beer fridge makes me realize I’m going to run out well before this Covid nightmare is going to end.  I need to get down to Disneyland of beer at Treehouse.  The place is huge and very fun.  I highly recommend the road trip.  I stop on my way to Boston to visit customers every couple months with a cooler to fill up.

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Brownski wrote
I think Guinness is my favorite dark beer though (and almost tied for favorite overall- call it #2).
Ok, I guess I didn’t say Guinness because that goes without saying, for a dark beer fan.  An Irish pub always, and almost always in other pubs where a good pour is assured.  It’s a standby, and great, and I have it often (because you can get it almost everywhere).  But, as you guys seem to agree....if a place has both Guinness and Mother’s Milk on tap, or Guinness and Left Hand Nitro....you guys very well may pass on the Guinness.  It’s not that easy to find Mother’s Milk or the Nitro Milk Stout on tap.

Do you guys drink Guinness “Draught” out of a can?  Your answer shall determine my level of respect in this thread!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Whats my favorite beer - and empty one 'cause I just drank it...
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Do you guys drink Guinness “Draught” out of a can?  Your answer shall determine my level of respect in this thread!
Almost never. I guess if I was at a relative’s house and they bought Guinness cause they knew I was coming and that is what they pulled out I would drink without comment but obviously fresh Guinness on tap is the way to go. I do like it out of a bottle too. It’s somewhat different of course but still very good.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Irish Pub in Ireland > Irish Pub in other crown colony > Irish pub elsewhere > Random us bar > Guinness Draught out of can > Guinness out of bottle
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy

Been stuck on these for last 6 months or so, that and growlers from local brewer.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I either cold or free beer. If it's one of those I'll be just fine.

I miss the days of playing fooze or pool for beers.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
campgottagopee wrote
PeeTex wrote
I either cold or free beer. If it's one of those I'll be just fine.

I miss the days of playing fooze or pool for beers.
I used to be a great pool player. I would never bet on it though, not even beers. As soon as it was for anything other then fun, the fates turned against me.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In my youth I loved those bottles of Guiness Extra Stout, but now would prefer Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout for an old school stout. Also really like Gunner’s Daughter from Mast Landing.  Never really liked the draught cans of Guiness.

But favorite beer is probably Edward from Hill Farmstead or Lunch from maine Beer Company. Also like Modernism from Schillings.

Hard to choose these days.

On a hot day an ice cold PBR goes down pretty well.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Sam Adams (regular) or Miller High Life.  Curious someone mentioned Utica Club - haven't seen that around since it was $0.99 a six pack LOL!  Where can you find it?