Where to ski Saturday..

11 messages Options
Saratogahalfday Saratogahalfday
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Where to ski Saturday..

With temp's in the 50s and 1 to 2 inches of rain coming Friday across the Northeast, where do you think the best spot will be come Saturday?  It looks like northern NY may get the most snow and the earliest changeover, but I'm leary of WF's grooming ability in conditions like we will see over the 48 hours.  The plus side is the icing may keep our friends from the south at home, at least on Saturday.  
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

Re: Where to ski Saturday..

Jay
At just about any point in my life, I can look back on where I was a year ago, and say to myself, "Shit, what was I thinking?"
Reply |

I'm hitting Whiteface, although Jay would work too.  The NWS is calling for around a foot at both.  For me Whiteface is closer, and free though.  
Brownski Brownski
Reply |

Where do you guys think for Sunday?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

Well Plattekill is supposed to be getting snow throughout the day Saturday. maybe not enough for trees to be in play but Sunday should be pretty good.
At just about any point in my life, I can look back on where I was a year ago, and say to myself, "Shit, what was I thinking?"
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Ethan Snow wrote
Well Plattekill is supposed to be getting snow throughout the day Saturday. maybe not enough for trees to be in play but Sunday should be pretty good.
did you not see the web cam ?
i bet platt lost 50% of their cover ..
all the natural cover is nearly 100% gone
"Peace and Love"
Ethan Snow Ethan Snow
Reply |

Yep. The same thing happened at Woodstream. Yesterday was crazy. Now it's 11 degrees and snowing with 4" on the ground.

This was taken a little before sundown yesterday.
NorEaster27 NorEaster27
Reply |

Whiteface looks best today
Reply |

Whiteface was excellent today, plenty of pow.Tomorrow may be Okemo or Pico, I need some place quieter after today.  Tons of Joey's up there today, tossing their bud lights all over the mountain.
snoloco snoloco
Reply |

The snow conditions were excellent.  Everything else not so much.  Multiple lifts not running so crazy lines on the ones that were and some trails were so crowded with people in over their heads that you might've thought you were at Hunter.
I've lived in New York my entire life.