Where to stay in Cape Cod

63 messages Options
1234 ... 7
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Where to stay in Cape Cod

My girlfriend and I are looking to go to Cape Cod for Labor Day weekend this year. Anyone have any recommendations as to where to stay? I'm looking for a cabin-cottage-condo to rent (preferably down by da beach mon). Any info is appreciated  
ml242 ml242
Reply |

Re: Where to stay in Cape Cod

Right near da beach
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
We stay at a nice motel with great efficiency units RIGHT on The Ocean , very clean , quiet , low density , after labor day rates are very reasonable has great beach , heated pool , breakfast goodies  The Colony Beach Motel , in Dennisport on the south shore . It is located in a nice residential type area , 6 miles from Chatham , walking distance to D port town.  A mile or so from Bass River another beautiful beach area , and Harwichport yet another very nice beach town about another 2 miles BEAUTIFUL HARBORS IN THESE PLACES TOO AND CHatham has awesome beaches

Been staying there for many yrs , clean , nice and reasonable , we will be there shortly  before prime season when rates jack up . We r staying poolside and ocean view for 145 / nite  my bet if u check the w3bsite ur rates will b similar after Labor day

We have also rented shore front homes for an entire summer ther too when i was on sabbatical leave ...many nice smaller cottages are in the region , have rented aome multiple weeks  had one in West Dennis. On a fresh water pond a block from the Bass River a tidal river with beautiful river and Ocean beaches and an easy half mile bike ride to West Dennis Beach on the Ocean .

Good luck , its a GREAT place and the seafood is to die for !!

Reply |

In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Right near da beach
 word
Reply |

In reply to this post by warp daddy
Thanks for the info Warp --- I'll be checking it out!!
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

http://74.220.17.142/
 Here ya go
Reply |

Looks sweet and reasonably priced --- we may have a winner winner chicken dinner
warp daddy warp daddy
Reply |

Yeah Camp it IS a goood deal i been doing the Cape scene for fn decades and this one is run the right way , u got privacy if u want it , really low density not overrun , and quit and very clean ...good peeps , and the Nantucket Sound is fairly warm ...but man DO it all thebeaches all over thedamncape are awesome !!!

If you can bring or rent bikes there is anawesome 50 mile bike path PAVED that fors thru to a bunch of wonderful fresh water ponds to swim intoo they are really like fairly good sized lakes . We biked friggen everywhere .... ThCape lifetyle is da cats azz.. VERY LAID BACK ?.....And man the seafood is a major pig out !!
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Looking for a few nights, or a whole week?  Some places only rent full weeks.  

What kind of beach people are you?  Beaches along the south shore on Nantucket Sound are generally smaller, local beaches with not much wave action.  Pretty marshes and inlets and such.  Get out past Chatham and north and you have ocean beaches, from Nauset (town beach of Orleans) to the National Seashore beaches.  All of these beaches are bigger/longer, with good wave action, depending on the weather.   If you want to catch waves in any way this is where you want to be.  Long, romantic walks, dunes and cliffs and such.  We much prefer the ocean beaches.

Chatham is without a doubt the nicest town on the Cape, unless you are into the freaky people watching scene of Provincetown.  Lots of hotels in the Chatham area, but closest to the beach you could check out the Surfside Motor Inn.  House rentals close to the beach but they are $$$$$.  Problem with close to the beach is that, while Chatham Lighthouse Beach is picturesque, there's no swimming.  Currents, seals and sharks, oh my!

If you don't want to stay in Chatham, for down by the beach I'd get yourself to Orleans, north of Pleasant Bay, so you can be by the ocean beaches.  Driven by it a lot but don't know anything about it, but the Nauset Knoll Motor Lodge, while basic, is right on Nauset Beach in Orleans.  My wife's favorite beach, and the food at Liam's is good.

Up in Wellfleet, north of Marconi Beach (National Seashore), there are the Surf Side Cottages down the beach, but these may all be weekly.

Hl Truro Hostel, a Coast Guard station turned no frills hostel is down by the beach up in the Provincetown area.

Those are some 'by the beach' things that I've seen.  Otherwise, there's lots of cottages and such as you head north on the Mid-Cape highway (6) from Orleans.  That's the area I'd look in.  Coast Guard Beach (National Seashore) is my favorite.  Nice sand bars (great for skim boarding) when the tide is out, not a lot of rocks on the beach (which you do find elsewhere), and great surf.

There may be great lodging option near the beach on the bay/sound sides, but we don't usually hit those beaches, as the ocean is our thing.  However, Skaket Beach on the bay side (Orleans) at low tide is really cool, you can walk out in the flats for almost two miles.

Bring your bikes.  Lots of old rail trails, the bike trail from Salt Pond to Coast Guard Beach is great, and the bike trails through the Provincetown dunes up at the Province Lands Visitors Center are fascinating....and tough.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
JTG4eva! JTG4eva!
Reply |

Glad Warp has the South Shore covered.  Definitely nice down that way, and the water is warmer.....but like I said, we are ocean people and in to skim boarding, bogey boarding, and miles long walks on the beach.  The sound beaches don't lend themselves to that.  At least my kids have gotten over the seaweed when we do go!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
1234 ... 7