Whiteface Conditions (2016 - 2017)

772 messages Options
123456 ... 78
marznc marznc
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Whiteface Conditions

snoloco wrote
Facelift was installed in 2002 replacing both the Valley Triple and MidStation Shuttle Lifts.  The Valley Triple ran the full length and the MidStation Shuttle only ran up to the bottom of Mountain Run, providing direct access to the lodge and those lifts.  Facelift doesn't have a mid station because it was too expensive on a detachable so that's why there's no direct access to that lodge anymore.  While direct access to that lodge was lost, direct access to LWF was gained with the gondola.  Good move IMO.
Interesting to read the recent history.  I only skied Whiteface a few times in 1968-70 as an intermediate.  The only part that I can remember clearly is the bridge.  The changes to the lifts made the place feel very different when I skied WF again in 2014.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Was there ever a single chair to the summit at WF?? For some reason I remember one being there back in the  80's while skiing there in college. Maybe it's all a dream..... can anyone confirm or deny?
ScottyJack ScottyJack
Reply |

Pas de
I ride with Crazy Horse!
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I understand that there was a double that went to the warming hut (now hose storage for snowmaking) with a poma that went from the warming hut to where Summit lets off now.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Adk Jeff Adk Jeff
Reply |

In reply to this post by campgottagopee
marznc wrote
I only skied Whiteface a few times in 1968-70 as an intermediate.
You look a lot younger than that in your avatar.

campgottagopee wrote
Was there ever a single chair to the summit at WF?? For some reason I remember one being there back in the  80's while skiing there in college. Maybe it's all a dream..... can anyone confirm or deny?
No single.  SBR must have had the same dream (read the comments):  Whiteface Mountain, circa 1986

Reply |

Adk Jeff wrote
marznc wrote
I only skied Whiteface a few times in 1968-70 as an intermediate.
You look a lot younger than that in your avatar.

campgottagopee wrote
No single.  SBR must have had the same dream (read the comments):  Whiteface Mountain, circa 1986
That is HILARIOUS!!! I swear I remember that. Was it maybe a double with the pole in the middle of the chair or something like that??
Reply |

In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
Pas de
Hmmmmm, sorry me no speeky Tontoism
Reply |

In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
I understand that there was a double that went to the warming hut (now hose storage for snowmaking) with a poma that went from the warming hut to where Summit lets off now.

Ok, I'm easily confused so I must be mistaken.
D.B. Cooper D.B. Cooper
Reply |

campgottagopee wrote
D.B. Cooper wrote

Ok, I'm easily confused so I must be mistaken.
I read that as "one lift" (as opposed to a double-double like LWF/Mt. Run).  I guess what you meant is a single chair a la MRG.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply |

Yep ^^^^ Single chair like MRG
123456 ... 78