772 messages Options
1 ... 36373839
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Wow, you couldn't ask for a better spring day!  Complaints?  The untracked powder was heavy at 2:00 on a Slides day?.

Nice to take a couple of Slides laps with Mike and SJ!

Only came to the base once, snow grabby low.  Everything in play today, some thin and bare spots low, but mountain is skiing great for April.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Awesome spring day today with a rope drop on the slides.  Skied a bunch of runs with JTG4eva and also ran into SJ as well on the summit chair.  Great skiing with you guys!

Will prob post a TR later but here's one of JTG sending it on Slide4 run out...nice huck!
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

skithefaceordie
In agreement, The Slides were outstanding today. Had 4 runs, one on 1, one on 2.5, and two on 4. 4 was the best IMHO. The snow seemed to have deeper stashes that held on until it closed at 2. Was going to hit 3 on the last run but changed my mind.IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2802.JPGIMG_2804.JPG
IMG_2740.JPG
Elsewhere, pick the run, it was good. Mackenzie, Cloudsplitter, Cloudspin, Skyward, you name it, it was fantastic.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Were you the kid on the lift who I told I was headed for the trees, but would have done 3 if I was headed for a Slide proper?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Good skiing with you Mike.  One good huck deserves another!

Reply | Threaded
|

skithefaceordie
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Yes. I was thinking you might have been from the picture above. Good to meet you😀
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Whiteface hits 10 year snowfall record - 274" today.  Pretty cool.  Looks like it may climb a bit too tonight/tmrw
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

skithefaceordie
9" at the Summit in the last day. Does anybody know what the record is going out beyond 10 years?
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Reply | Threaded
|

Capdistski
Had a great day today - new snow up top was fantastic, or at least it felt great under my skis - couldn't really see it early on.  But Skyward/Niag/Vic stayed fresh all day including my last run when I had it to myself and the clouds finally opened up 5 turns from the top at 3:30.  Other highlights were Approach/Wilderness and surprisingly Upper Thruway to Lower Parkway which was sunny and empty in the morning while I waited for summit to open.  Bottom getting slushy but who needed it when too had so much fresh.  Great bonus day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Nice! One of my favorite lines!
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

skithefaceordie
Looks like Whiteface is falling apart fast. Down to 21 trails. Mountain Run, Victoria, and Skyward are shut down according to the report. The only run off LWF is Approach to Wilderness. I'm still hoping to show up tomorrow for one more day, but things really are falling off the wagon fast.
1 ... 36373839