Why do I have to be quiet at a tennis match?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Why do I have to be quiet at a tennis match?

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
Great game and great achievement from a stand up guy.. now my rant..slow day at work..

Why are golf and tennis players pussies..

Yesterday Tampa's pitcher, Price was throwing around 96mph. Jeter had to hit this rock that was moving close to 100mph with 50k screaming people.

Then why can't we scream and blow horns at a golf or tennis match. When Tiger Woods tees off with a 1000k spectators everyone has to be dead quiet?? He's hitting a freak'n stationary white ball on the ground! Same with tennis, dead quiet, yeah I know a serve is about 120mph, but you get to hit with a racquet that's around foot wide.

Ever been to a ski race? Air horns , cow bells and screaming people all going on while the skier flies by at 100mph..

That's it for now.
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Why do I have to be quiet at a tennis match?

Denis.N
My guess is for same reason fighting is tolerated in professional ice hockey - part of tradition.

I normally ignore golf, yet if they'd allow some limited fighting, I'd give it a chance and watch.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Denis.N wrote
I normally ignore golf, yet if they'd allow some limited fighting, I'd give it a chance and watch.
LOLz. Love this idea.

Could be another rule change to Tigerproof the game. You know get the wives involved.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
The best thing I ever saw was at the US Open (tennis) in Queens in the mid 1980s. The wind would change and all of a sudden the LaGuardia flight path was over the Stadium. You would have the umpire asking for quite while 100 decibals of jet was 2000 feet over your head. Hilarious. I think Mayor Dinkins some how got the flight paths adjusted during the US Open when he was mayor.

There are examples of screaming fans at Davis Cup matches - usually in some Eastern European nation when they are the home team and playing the USA.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
x10003q wrote
I think Mayor Dinkins some how got the flight paths adjusted during the US Open when he was mayor.
As many have pointed out, this was his only accomplishment while in office.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
You need to come play golf with my crew....it's nothing to have beer cans thrown at you or hear a big sloppy fart while you're trying to hit the ball. That's just how we roll.

Tennis...no help from me
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Camp, that's the way golf should be played..

Years back, my buds and I got thrown off a course for rolling a cart down an entire fairway. We were threatened with a lawsuit and arrest..It was the best day of golf ever..Funny thing is I was in my mid 30's not teens
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I've never rolled a cart so you've got me on that one!!! Did they make you pay for the damages??
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
It was something out of the movies..
Steep wet fairway, sign says keep carts on path. My buddy said F the sign, drives to middle of fairway to hit. Gets out of the cart while I'm still in it. Cart starts to slide, both him and I grab on to the roof struts and start to slide with the cart. It becomes to much to hold on to and we let go. The cart picks up speed and goes end over end down the fairway into a ravine.

Then whole scenario is being watched by the course ranger at the top of the fairway. He is wearing a nylon sweatsuit. He starts running down the hill swearing at us, he slips, falls on his back and goes flying by us. He is covered in mud at the bottom of the fairway.
The funniest thing I have ever witnessed in my 48yrs..

my other friend is a smoothing talking attorney and just got us thrown out.

The course, Central Valley Golf. The 3rd hole..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Classic...whish I could've been there for that one