Will Apple Repatriate Profits?

24 messages Options
Z Z
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Will Apple Repatriate Profits?

probably belongs in the OT but

Apple has announced significant investment in the US that at least half of is do to the tax plan.  If Apple's CEO was telling the real truth he would say its 100% due to that but he doesn't want in the Tech world which is very liberal to appear to be giving Trump props.  

The taxing of the profits brought back is going to go a long way to offset that deficit.  All that Billions in investment causes more taxes being generated both from corp profits and wages to workers.  Trickle down for individuals has a mixed bag of results but spurring increases in business investment is a proven tried and true way of generating a bigger economy and  more tax receipts. This is going to work in spades and all those deficit projections don't have this impact in them.
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |

Re: 2017 Whiteface UMP Amendment

Z wrote
Apple has announced significant investment in the US that at least half of is do to the tax plan.  
So in a month after a bill is passed they come up with a multi-billion dollar capital spending plan?  Really?

Z wrote
The taxing of the profits brought back is going to go a long way to offset that deficit.  All that Billions in investment causes more taxes being generated both from corp profits and wages to workers.
That's just more of the magical thinking of tax cuts cause revenue increases.    

Z wrote
Trickle down for individuals...
Don't make me laugh.  

The real truth is that GOPs don't really care about anything except tax cuts for rich people. All the talk about abortion and guns and the deficit is just BS to get the votes of religious nuts and survivalists.  Sadly, I'm not rich enough to be a Republican, so it doesn't do anything for me.

mm
"You can depend on the worst always happening you need a busload of faith to get by..." Lou Reed
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
probably belongs in the OT but
Some smart person figure out what this discussion is really about, and post a new thread thread in the OT.  Comments about the UMP still welcome here.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Harvey wrote

Some smart person figure out what this discussion is really about

Whew, that leaves me out

It's hard being this darn good lookin tho
Z Z
Reply |

In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
 Sadly, I'm not rich enough to be a Republican, so it doesn't do anything for me.

mm
 or smart enough either  
"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Milo Maltbie Milo Maltbie
Reply |

That was clever, but apparently I'm too educated to be a Republican:

mm
"You can depend on the worst always happening you need a busload of faith to get by..." Lou Reed
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Coach and Milo Maltbie need a time out

Keep that political BS in the OT please

I'm just happy as hell you don't have to wait to sit at the damn bar ---- could you imagine that!?
Z Z
Reply |

Re: Will Apple repatriate profits?

In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
So milo please explain how the tax law that has Apple bringing hundreds of billions back to the US, paying $38 billion in tax that never would have entered the treasury under Clinton, creating 20k extra new jobs over 5 years is a bad thing.  Multiply this by thousands of companies and we are talking Trillions in inflows to our economy and historic amounts of investments in the economy.

Libersals are totally clueless on all matters economic and you are proving to be the village idiot.  In a yr every dem in Congress will be running away from voting against the tax bill.  I dont like Trump and didn’t vote for him but this tax law is a is a grand slam and is the reason our retirement actts all have gone up so much the past yr.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Z wrote
Libersals are totally clueless
Hey at least you can let em rip now in the OT.

How'd I do naming this thread?
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Z
In my clueless opinion I don't think the market knew what trump was going to do the last 12 months. I believe this long in the tooth rally has been extended because, many businesses may have assumed it would include less regulation or checks on business.  I wonder how the markets knew trump would get his tax bill passed, it was a razor thing margin.

Also one other point, half America owns no stock. So the definition of "us" (or our retirement accounts) is important.