52 messages Options
1234 ... 6
Harvey Harvey
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Winter Weather (2013-2014)

Maybe it will be cold for a while.

Colder
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Re: Winter Weather (2013-2014)

Upstate snow is talking about the 3 big indices coming in line in early January:

http://www.upstatesnow.com/rich-lupias-weather/news-story/christmas-eve-weather-update/

Jason Noah Suds Noreaster what say you?
"If it's my mountain, I'm installing a fixed grip and telling the lifties to stuff the beginners into chairs as aggressively as they have to, to keep it going full speed." —Brownski
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Just saw this in the NWS forecast for tomorrow for the So Adk:

Thursday: Snow likely, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -17. Breezy, with a south wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Not seeing evidence of that kind of snowfall elsewhere.

DackerDan DackerDan
Reply |

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
sudsnbumps sudsnbumps
Reply |

I really haven't been too focused on anything farther out than a few days.  I'll be at Whiteface tomorrow because I have to work Lake Placid...an inch or two...Gore Saturday and Sunday...not anything to speak of...maybe Sunday night?  Should have good snowmaking weather with the blip being Sunday...White not wet hopefully.  I look at the days I am available to ski but if something shows that looks good I can make the time.  I have a Mad River Voucher that needs to be used on a perfect day so I will be looking for that...Thanks Duck!  Last Thursday may have been the best day of the year so far...I didn't expect the powder.  The previous Sunday was second best.  I haven't skied since Friday
SummerSucks!
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Harvey Harvey
Reply |

This is what winter should look like IMO. Especially the 6-to-10:

Temps
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHWESTERN CONNECTICUT...WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS...SOUTHERN VERMONT...AND ALL OF EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK EXCEPT FOR HERKIMER COUNTY.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

A MODERATE TO SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL IS POSSIBLE LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING.

BITTER COLD AIR WILL BE USHERED INTO THE REGION LATER IN THE WEEK WITH LIFE THREATENING WINDS CHILL POSSIBLE THURSDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. WIND CHILL ADVISORIES AND WARNINGS WILL LIKELY BE ISSUED.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

Long term temps are coming around..

...I know the short and medium term is ugly.

But what does this mean...

?

JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

looks like a some LES
GFS has a low off the coast in about 144hrs
but i wouldn't bet the farm on a 144hr
more concerned with the massive rains for Saturday..
"Peace and Love"
1234 ... 6