classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
285 messages Options
1 ... 12131415
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Winter Weather 2015-2016

JTG4eva!
Frickin' A, this NE weather is conspiring to screw us at every turn.  Snow is melting, season slipping away, looking forward to a few days of spring turns on what's left at WF next week.......except, as useful as tits on a bull, we'll have winter temps next week.  Skiing Tue/Wed/Thurs.  Low Monday night of 15, high Tuesday of 30.  No soft corn snow, just shitty loose and frozen granular coverage.  Hoping the forecast is wrong, and temps warm up....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Hey, maybe Tuckerman's can be salvaged this year?  It's looking like bony crap up there now, but a snowy month thru mid-April could improve things, maybe.  
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Frickin' A, this NE weather is conspiring to screw us at every turn.  Snow is melting, season slipping away, looking forward to a few days of spring turns on what's left at WF next week.......except, as useful as tits on a bull, we'll have winter temps next week.  Skiing Tue/Wed/Thurs.  Low Monday night of 15, high Tuesday of 30.  No soft corn snow, just shitty loose and frozen granular coverage.  Hoping the forecast is wrong, and temps warm up....
I hear ya. I have 7 vacation days that I normally use for powder days. they have to be used by  3/31. will be remodeling
my bathroom instead. 1 ski day this year. can't catch a break
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Hey, maybe Tuckerman's can be salvaged this year?  It's looking like bony crap up there now, but a snowy month thru mid-April could improve things, maybe.
Pictures I have seen look like late April. Sherburne will probably be done before the weekend, headwall is definitely not skiable right now. Right gully is no longer top to bottom and Lobster Claw is already done. T4T just had a report from GOS, the ski trail is done and the main gully is pretty narrow and very short for this time of year with schwacking to get into it. Left, Hillman's, and Chute look to be the only top to bottom options. Any snow that blows into the bowl right now will just hide the obstacles, it isn't going to fill in at this point in the pattern we are in. And good corn cycles are not happening yet. If I can grab a good spring day with Hillman's top to bottom, I'll go for it. But I suspect I'll only go for my annual super late 100' vert last hurrah on the final patch.
1 ... 12131415