1 ... 1617181920212223
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: fun things

campgottagopee
LMAO --- Isn't it crazy Dude???

I'd love to see a concert at MSG

I've been into modern country (it's almost not even country) for about 3 yrs now. I've seen Jason Alden but not Luke Combs. I totally want to see him tho, he and the Brothers Osborne are on my short list to go and see.

Kid Rock and Brantley Gilbert are playing in Sept --- might try and swing that one too
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
MSG is the best venue in the world!!

I saw Brothers Osborne with Dirks Bentley this summer..They were ok
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Once I went on a charter boat out of Salomons Island Md on the Chesapeake Bay, we caught a ton of Blues and a few rock. Had a big cooler to take home. I think those days are gone. In those years I could hand a line over the stern and catch dinner or anchor in a cove and haul up enough crab for a crab cake dinner. It’s a freakin sewer now.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
this ageing metal head , went to Jason Alden and Luke Combs at MSG 2 weeks ago.. new country is sure different..girls in bootie shorts and cowboy boots..
I was going to say that pop country sucks but this sounds pretty cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Outlaw fest in two weeks - Van Morrison, Tedeschii-Trucks, Lukas Nelson POTR and Willie
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Willie FTW!
He played at Greek in the 70's
Anyone who can smoke Snoop under the table is king in my book
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Bonerama tonight!

https://youtu.be/PhwaNGeq22A
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I'd like to see Eric Church.  Lots of his stuff is good in my books.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Aaron Lewis is another I'd like to see.

Jason --- you hear of him? He comes from a heavy metal background ---- he turned Country!
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
campgottagopee wrote
Aaron Lewis is another I'd like to see.

Jason --- you hear of him? He comes from a heavy metal background ---- he turned Country!
Gone Country
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
This little girl can skate!!

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Beer brats.

I just cooked some up for the first time this summer and I can’t believe I haven’t indulged all summer long. Freaking delicious man!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
raisingarizona wrote
Beer brats.

I just cooked some up for the first time this summer and I can’t believe I haven’t indulged all summer long. Freaking delicious man!
I love those too - usually more of a fall thing with me when the Oktoberfest beers start coming out.

Did you buy them fresh and boil them in beer yourself?'

Here's my rec for making 'em:

Buy a deuce deuce of semi-decent beer.  I use Heineken.  Buy a couple whole white onions.

Heat up the beer and half a whole onion to boil the brats.  Be careful with the heat as beer boils over easily because of the carbonation.  Pop in the brats and cook until they've changed color.

In another pan, take the other onion and half and a few tablespoons of butter and reduce.  You can throw in a splash of beer too and let them cook down until brown.

Throw the brats on the grill to crisp up the skin - be careful not to let them burst.  Just a light toast.

Then take the brats, buttered onions and some good brown mustard and in a roll she goes.  Serve with your favorite beer on the side.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Add home made spatzel - really easy to make. Them add braised red cabbage & tart apples to go over the top authentic.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
Cunningstunts wrote
Heat up the beer and half a whole onion to boil the brats.  Be careful with the heat as beer boils over easily because of the carbonation.  Pop in the brats and cook until they've changed color..
I do this, but I poke some holes in it with a fork and I just let them go for an hour and a half or so. Boil them in beer, when it reduces too much, just add more beer. I use PBR.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Do the holes make it more flavorful?

The beer must permeate the casing somehow, because they definitely taste different even without the holes.

I've always had issues with brats getting dry if I breech the casing, but that's on the grill.

Oh and any beer will work.  I use Heineken because I don't actually drink it.  I've used Genesee, Labatts, whatever... they all taste the same to me when cooked.  Some recipes say use a good brown ale, but I've never had the heart to waste one on cooking.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Cunningstunts wrote
I've always had issues with brats getting dry if I breech the casing, but that's on the grill.
Right, but as you mention, you don't really "cook" then on the grill... You just finish them there. They still come out moist & delicious.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Right on, I'm gonna try the holes!
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
Interesting location for a ride...

Interesting bike choice for this type of terrain...

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That unicycle is wild. I rode one in college like 3 times, a housemate of mine had one and could ride it. When I say I rode it I made like 10 revolutions before bailing. That guy is crazy good in that vid.
1 ... 1617181920212223