Quantcast

mountain creek chapter 11

classic Classic
15 messages Options
Reply |  

mountain creek chapter 11

JasonWx
isn't this a shame

WSJ Pro Bankruptcy: Mountain Creek Resort Inc., a New Jersey ski resort less than two hours from Manhattan, has filed for
2017-05-16 19:52:49.905 GMT

Mountain Creek Resort Inc., a New Jersey ski
resort less than two hours from Manhattan, has
filed for bankruptcy on.wsj.com/2rd0ubO
WSJ Pro Bankruptcy @WSJBankruptcy

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

Re: mountain creek chapter 11

Brownski
Harv put this link in the conditions thread earlier
http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/index.ssf/2017/05/mountain_creek_reportedly_files_for_bankruptcy_loc.html
Pretty amazing...

Reply |  

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JasonWx
yikes
missed it

"Peace and Love"
Reply |  

Brownski
Is this just gross mismanagement? I've never been there when the place wasn't completely packed, literally elbow to elbow. My son skied there the last two years and apparently that hasn't changed. I understand the weather issues but it seems like they sell an awful lot of tickets anyway. How do they lose money?

Reply |  

Coach Z
MC has been plauged with mismanagement, lawsuits and even its owner being convicted of fraud going back decades.

When Intrawest dumped them that was a sign that even the top ski area management firms in the world couldn't make this place profitable.  The season is too short. It's never going to be a 4 season resort.  Like Belleryre it's a day area and can't support hotels.  Trying that is never going to work and only will dig a deeper hole.

"It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport."
Artic Explorer Fridtjof Nansen
Reply |  

PeeTex
Must be all those detachables and massive snowmaking. To bad our boy genius is not around anymore to give us his expert opinion.

Reply |  

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Coach Z
Coach Z wrote

When Intrawest dumped them that was a sign that even the top ski area management firms in the world couldn't make this place profitable.  The season is too short. It's never going to be a 4 season resort.  Like Belleryre it's a day area and can't support hotels.  Trying that is never going to work and only will dig a deeper hole.
I've been watching this for a few years now right here in CNY

Reply |  

x10003q
Standard operating procedure for the ownership group. They were the previous owners who ran it into the ground before Intrawest bought it in 1998. They are always smarter than the local government and always walk the legal line. It looks like Vernon Township is going to take a beating on this one.

Reply |  

raisingarizona
Haha. Dirty Jerzy

Reply |  

Brownski
raisingarizona wrote
Haha. Dirty Jerzy
Hahaha... love this. Really explains it all