09/10 Volkl Tierra 147cm $599 OBO

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

09/10 Volkl Tierra 147cm $599 OBO

ski2moro
I’m selling my 09/10 Volkl Tierras 147 cm.  I need to go to a longer ski and my loss is your gain. Condition: The top sheets, bases and edges are excellent – 9.5 out of 10.  The matching Marker system bindings (iPT emotion 11 TC) are adjustable to your boot size with NO redrilling.

Tip/Waist/Tail - 129/78/99  The Tierra is a stable ski with incredible energy.  They have an amazing grip on the groomers and take ice like they are on rails.  The wide shovel can go through crud and powder without a problem and the narrow waist makes carved turns effortlessly.  The narrow tail releases out of a turn well.  It’s forgiving and will even allow you skid a bit at the end of the day.  

Volkl markets the Tierra as an Expert ski.  I think that if you are a High Intermediate or Advanced woman skier carving down the Blues, this is ski that will take you to the next level.  

$599 OBO
If you are having fun, you are doing it right.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 09/10 Volkl Tierra 147cm $599 OBO

mbyfe
Hi,

I am 5'1" weight 130 lb and ride short turns and moguls in particular. doo you think your ski length is appropriate for me?  Cause you said that you are going to have a longer ski, is this ski too short for me as well.

Can you describe more about the condition of the ski?  I am quite interested to have one either 147 or 154.

Thanks

Kin Ming
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
I like to ski long carved turns.  I have been picking up speed this year, and I find that I really want a longer carver.  I weigh more than you, and this may have a big effect on the way the length for me.  

This ski is solid.  There is no chatter in the tips.  It has amazing edge hold on the ice.  A shorter ski is more fun in the bumps. It's worth looking into.    If you want to meet to demo my skis, I will be happy to meet up at Gore or Killington.  In fact, we could meet at Cunningham's at Gore and Heath could adjust the bindings and DIN to your settings.  Demo the skis. If you like them, buy them. If not, I will have the bindings reset to my settings. At Killington, I would prefer to have Northern Ski Works do the bindings.

Let me know.
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
Condition of the ski - the top sheets are in great condition.   The bases are also in excellent condition.  There have been no Ptex repairs.  The edges are excellent with no gouges or scratches.  I have not had the bases ground.  The bindings were replaced by Marker at the end of last season, because one plastic piece had cracked.  The bindings are system bindings, and are easily adjusted to your boots.  Another advantage, you can have the bindings set forward or back, according to your preference.  They do not need to remount the bindings, just adjust on the system track.  

Let me know if you need more information.
Reply | Threaded
|

Muztang999
In reply to this post by ski2moro
I am assuming you sold these ?
If not I may be interested !
Reply | Threaded
|

ski2moro
Actually, I still have them. They are in great shape, bases still like new, top sheets are nearly perfect.  

I haven't been too aggressive to sell, because they are great skis on this year's conditions.  

If you want them, let's talk.
Reply | Threaded
|

Muztang999
Ok, well I have been looking for these skis but can't spend a lot, I already have 4 pairs LOL.  There is a used pair on Ebay for $199.  Wanna start there ?   Can u send photos ?  My Email is Muztang999@ao.com.  What did you change to ?  

I have K2 One Luv from 2009 (bought new this year, love them !), and just got Nordica Nemesis 2011 (wide, love them too but def. a different animal !).    The Volkl seem to be somewhere in between.   Hear all kinds of good things about them !   Also still have my older skis from like 2003 or so Fischer vi40, I take them with my neices b/c they run all over them, they are newbies !  LOL   Anyway let me know what u wanna do !    

Thanks, Hope

ps -- Where have u been skiing, this year seems lacking for snow in NY, I have been to Killington several times, doing a great job up there despite 1/2 the annual amt !   Unreal !

Reply | Threaded
|

Muztang999
To be sure, this is the ski u have right ?
http://www.volkl.com/ski-09/attiva/skis.php
Reply | Threaded
|

Muztang999
Email is

Muztang999@aol.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Muztang999
Oh just noticed the price I said  ... $199 ... is for 2010/11 pair.  

Side note, just bought a pair from Ebay ... seller listed them as 147 ...
sold them to me for $375, I was so happy @ that price you cant go wrong .... got them yesterday and he sent me
154, said they never had 147 .... needless to say ..... I am NOT happy !  LOL
Reply | Threaded
|

Muztang999
Hello again sorry to be a pest, but I really want to have and ski on a pair
of the Tierra's this season ..... if you are still selling let me know,
I have 4 other opportunities, 2 new and 2 used just trying to decide
on best price for the best ski.

Thanks !