jcamotts
This post was updated on .
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1 Million Dollars Invested into Belleayre for 2016

Z
A million doesn't go as far as it used to apparently.  I don't see anything to get excited about or solve the glaring issues I saw when there.

I've only skied there once but does any of this really have an impact?  Plus the rental and food service improvements are on centerplates dime not Orda's
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
I don't know about the structural improvements.  But Mt van Ho bought out Centerplate's contract and got a new, local vendor for food service.  Massive improvement.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Peter Minde wrote
I don't know about the structural improvements.  But Mt van Ho bought out Centerplate's contract and got a new, local vendor for food service.  Massive improvement.
LOL Peter.. when I saw you'd posted in this thread I was sure you'd be beating the drum for MvH snowmaking. :)

Fight on brother!

Fixed your link jc.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Peter Minde
How did that happen?  Centerplate has an exclusive deal for all Orda venues.  Could have been van ho was not profitable enough so Centerplate let them walk
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Coach Z wrote
How did that happen?  Centerplate has an exclusive deal for all Orda venues.  Could have been van ho was not profitable enough so Centerplate let them walk
Can't speak for the alpine venues, but the food Centerplate served at van Ho was, to put it politely, banal.  New supplier WAY better, and I've heard that ORDA is pleased with an improved bottom line from food service there.

@ Harv: The North Country Regional Economic Development Council is competing for $500 million in development funding from the state of NY.  If they win, perhaps a portion of that could go to the Olympic venues.  Hopefully some of that money will flow to Mount van Hoevenberg.  Snowmaking at van Ho would go a long way towards boosting winter tourism in dry winters.

http://www.lakeplacidnews.com/page/content.detail/id/523822/More-state-funding-sought-for-Olympic-venues.html
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My guess it's in the bag

No brainers for the Gov to make it rain on a state facility.  He is giving state money back to the state but still gets to act like he is Pacman Jones at a strip club.