'16 Foliage Thread

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
40 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: '16 Foliage Thread

tjf1967
It's peak up here has been for 4/5 days. Flaming leaves fest will be pretty this year. No rain up this way. If your into leaves you have till the next  rain storm. Trails are rolling, green have recovered. Going to be a good weekend up here.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
I had a great time on Whiteface yesterday and today.  Blue sky on Friday was amazing from the summit and top of the gondola.  Was with friends who had never been to Lake Placid before.  They were impressed.  Hiked up to mid-station this morning.  There were clouds but a little sun too just as I got there.

Hope to post a few pics soon.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Friday, 10/7 was sunny with clear blue sky.  Good for going up the toll road in the morning and riding the gondola in the afternoon with my friends who had never been in the Adirondacks before.  They left on Friday afternoon  It was cloudy over the weekend but the colors were still fantastic since it only rained a little on Sat afternoon.  I had the place to myself for the most part hiking around the lower mountain on Sat morning.

Looking down at Whiteface ski trails from above the Slides

View from gondola on the way down

View looking up from from Mid-Station

Looking down from Mid-Station
Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
Foliage was spectacular this past weekend, especially a little north of Gore. Hiked Blue Ledges Friday, took a boat ride on Blue Mountain Lake Saturday and headed to Gore Sunday. All excellent.

Blue Mountain Boat Livery is closing this weekend, I think, but I would recommend the $20 per person boat ride in the future. Informative and great scenery.

Gore we quite crowded Sunday with lot D almost full. Nice views from the top of Bear and a line at the gondola around 1:00PM!

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Awesome shot. Your pics in the other threads are pretty cool too. Looks like you guys had a good weekend
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
In reply to this post by marznc
Drove around Great Sacandaga Lake today with summer temps... Peak or slightly after peak.

Driving to Stamford, NY tomorrow to get the view from Mount Utsayantha.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
In reply to this post by Michaeltokyo
Can you post some pics from up there?  I always wanted to explore those trails...especially on my BC XC setup.
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
Marcski wrote
Can you post some pics from up there?  I always wanted to explore those trails...especially on my BC XC setup.
Didn't make it there today.  Planning to go either Sat or Sun. Didn't know anything about BC trails.  I think most trails are not maintained.

They cut down trees for hang-gliding launch spots.

You can ski the road.   There are a ton of antennas up there with regular service.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Oh well, never made it north to the ADK and Vermont, but had a magical day doing 40 miles on the road bike yesterday in and around the New Paltz area. Turned into a top ten ride experience, with summer temps and peak fall colors. That might be it, if this rain event is strong, because the leaves were coming down like crazy.
funny like a clown
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
It was a great fall for color

this is the best shot I have seen posted

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Colors are spectacular this yr !! From High Peaks  to the western  Dacks , thru the SL valley and 1k islands . This yr even the lowlands are on fire with vibrance .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Z
Beautiful !
Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
I don't have my own pics, but I have a good source:

Mount Utsayantha
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
The colours are quite reamrkable this year, rich and long lasting. Here is a scene from a few days ago in the back 40. Floating or falling?

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This storm is going to blow a ton of leaves off the trees so the color show is probably over up here
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Sick shots boys
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Yes, beautiful shots.  I have to say, the colors in the lower Hudson Valley aren't spectacular.  Slow to come on, and not all that vibrant.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln

Pharaoh Lake
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.