classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2013 Snoweast Reader Survey Poll Results

snoloco
This post was updated on .
I wonder why Hunter didn't get #1 for snowmaking.  They seem to get open alot quicker than Killington, Sadddleback, and Whiteface.  They also have 100% coverage, which none of the others have, and the best conditions of any mountain I've skied.  
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
snoloco wrote
I believe that they have the most night skiing acreage in the east at 160 acres.
The largest night-skiing operation in North America, east or west, is Bromont, Quebec: 450 lit acres.
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
Jamesdeluxe wrote
snoloco wrote
I believe that they have the most night skiing acreage in the east at 160 acres.
The largest night-skiing operation in North America, east or west, is Bromont, Quebec: 450 lit acres.

Got me some of that night skiing at Bromont.  A blast.   Never skied there during daylight, but it is quite big at night; impressive.      I might question "lit" acres.    You know you are not in the US night skiing.     Lots of very dark areas.   My thoughts back in the early 2000s....the quantity and quality of the lights are directly proportional to the quantity and quality of plaintiff attorneys.

At Liberty Mtn,Pa, you might think they own the power company.  I wear sunglasses most evenings.    100 acres lit.    Likely the same volume of lights on their 450.  LOL.