2016 Nordica Enforcer Quick Review

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2016 Nordica Enforcer Quick Review

Highpeaksdrifter
I loved the Nordica Enforcer that was discontinued in 2012, but I love this new one even more.
Full disclosure:  I am the area pro rep for Nordica at Whiteface Mt.

Length:            177
Dimensions:     133/100/121  
Turn radius:     16.5
Place:              Mt. Snow
Construction:   Wood Core/ 2 sheets of TI
Conditions:      Firm/groomed…firm to ice block bumps on the North Side

The Enforcers are rockered in the tip, camber in the middle and a slight rocker in the tale (Camrock). I found this ski to be very lively and fairly easy to maneuver. They have very good edge hold and are steady at speed thanks in part to the 2 sheets of TI set in the top sheet. For a ski built this sturdy it is a very quick turner.

On the groomers you could rage down the trail as fast as you wanted with no shake whatsoever. One of the guys I was skiing with is a race couch at Suicide Six and as I skied behind him he was trenching GS turns with ease and confidence. He told me he loved them and would be getting them for sure.

I went to the North side with an instructor from Stowe to ski the very firm bumps over there. The Enforcers handled them with ease. The rockered tip with (hammerhead nose shape) made it easy to slip in and out of the troughs. The stiff tail held you in the turn as long as necessary, but let you out quickly. The guy from Stowe is a bump seeker and they were his fav in that terrain type out of the 4 skis he tested. He too said he’ll be getting them.

On the far left side of the bumps there was some wind blow pow (just 2 or 3 inches) with a bit of crust on top that we had to break through. It was a narrow shot down so you had to turn quick to keep the pow line. I had no trouble getting edge to edge as quickly as I wanted to and where there was enough snow the float seemed fine. I feel certain that these skis will be killer in the Slides at WF.

I really wish I could have skied them in the trees in the North Side section, but the snow looked why to shinny from the chair so we decided it would be a waste of our limited time.

Overall impression: I thought the Enforcers were a fun, quick, solid ski with true all mountain capabilities. It is stiffer than its Nordica stablemate the NRGy 100 (which I also love) and you have to work the turn harder, but this ski is well worth the effort. It is a must have for me next season. After lunch I was lucky enough to see a pair in the rack and I grabbed them again. I could not get enough of this ski.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2016 Nordica Enforcer Quick Review

campgottagopee
Thanks for the review HPD

Been thinking of this ski for next year already......similar to the NRGY but stiffer, hmmmmmm
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
 it is a very quick turner.

I would think so at 16.5r  sounds like a fun ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I saw these skis today. Love the profile.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Quality review, HPD. Thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Thanks for the review. If you don't mind, could you give us your height and weight?
Reply | Threaded
|

HGTVfan
x10003q wrote
Thanks for the review. If you don't mind, could you give us your height and weight?
I'm 5 ft 7.5 and 185

hey Harv, for some reason I am logged in as hgtvfan (who is my wife) and every time I try to log in as myself it goes back to hers. Please help.

I tried to email you but got back an undeliverable message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
There is going to be an Enforcer that is 93 under foot to go with the 100. The 16/17 100's will be in shops early Feb. I'm thinking the 93's will be too.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I have the Nrgy 100 and have tried the enforcer.  They are is a pretty big difference in how they ski.  The enforcer has it all over the NRG.  It hooks up turns better, holds the snow better, and feels more stable at speed.  Sooner or later the enforcer will be in my locker.  With the winter we are having I am eying irons currently.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I haven't skied them yet, but that falls right in line with everything I've read and have been told about them. They must be pretty popular in the Nordica circle as well. I tried ordering a pair mid October and was told they were all gone in mid Sept. Looking at the snow we've gotten this year it turned out to be a blessing. I've been on my FA 84 Pros anyway, great ski for the firm groomers we've been on. Sad, very sad.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
There is going to be an Enforcer that is 93 under foot to go with the 100. The 16/17 100's will be in shops early Feb. I'm thinking the 93's will be too.
HPD, looking forward to how you think the 93 compares to the Steadfasts you sold me, which I absolutely love. I don't think I need 100 wide in any conditions at my weight (140 lbs.), and I'm wondering if the 93 is a closer successor to the Steadfast than the NRGy line.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I had the steadfast now the nrgy and tried the enforcer. The enforcer has the best grip and has a lot more pop. The steadfast and nrgy seem flimsy at speed. They never gave/give out but they feel like they want to. Enforcer you can pound and it feels real sturdy. The nrgy is better than the steadfast in powder. Never been on powder with the enforcer.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
the enforcer 93 is probably one of the best 90 waisted skis ive ever been on. super stable, predictable turn. quite playful as well, it was really easy to adjust turn shapes mid turn as well as slarve to carve turns.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
Spongeworthy wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
 I'm wondering if the 93 is a closer successor to the Steadfast than the NRGy line.
That's a really good question Sponge. I have not been on the 93s yet. I'm suppose to be going to a demo of next years gear, but I have not gotten a firm date yet. I really want to ski them as well as the new GT series.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which