6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2016 Voile...

Telemark Dave
Take note... Good stuff happening.  
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUN1NZWReuk
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2016 Voile...

Harvey
Administrator
A backcountry ski that allows you to ride switch?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Harvey wrote
Yeah a twin tip jibby ski Harv... Lots of tip and tail rocker so it would rule in the woods....
BUT...
What is of interest to you (and I, and SBR, and Darkside,  and...) is the Scaled V6!!!!! It's slightly bigger than a Vector, with a softer more rockered tail than the VectorBC/Charger BC - so again more turny/slarvey to slay the backbush.

All Hail the V6BC.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Oh, and while I'm at it:

FKNA!
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Well, first you need to be able to ski switch. I have a pair of SFBs but I cannot ski like Eric Pollard. Doesn't stop me from loving the ski and all its other qualities. Here is some switch pow:

Voile did not invent this concept, they are simply embracing it.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Yes, a bit late to the party,... The true allure of any twin rockered/flexed ski is its inherent surfability, beyond slarving. They allow on the fly adjustments to be made regardless of speed, terrain or snow conditions.  I skied my Chargers and my Élan Boomerangs on back to back runs in messy chopped up bc snow yesterday, and in those conditions the Boomerangs ruled.. Almost shock and awe difference.  The Chargers are a stiff tailed tip rockered ski that, well, charge very well.  But they're point and shoot.  They're  perfect in perfect conditions. Once they're locked into a turn, well that's your turn. They do a great job that way.  

The Boomerangs are the opposite,  you can change your turn radius at any point in the turn - they're crazy fun... much like SBRs Bacons.  So long story short, just because some marketing JONG spews on about the switch riding capabilities of a ski doesn't mean that that's all they're meant for..

My two sense worth.