I don't really have goals set for upcoming seasons other than a few steep technical descents that have eluded me for years now. I guess my main goal is to enjoy whatever we get into and to come out smiling so I guess we definitely got er done.
The best part was traveling a little with Cody. We did visit a new area, Purgatory that we had never been to.
Faceshots? Oh yeah.
I also started to develop a nice relationship with the Snowbowl marketing department. Hopefully I can get to do some photo work for them in the near future and get on the pass program. Cody did get a pass for next season. Here's a link to their blog, I've got two photos used in this update and Cody and I are in the video doing some lame poseur shots.
1) Ski a New Mountain - oh ya..Tremblant and Copper.
2) Ski 35 Days - only got in low 20's.
3) Ski some pow - 3 feet at Magic in early March, most of which was ungroomed.
4) Get my first faceshot - not this year.
1) Ski a New Mountain - Kicking Horse, Panorama, Fernie
2) Ski 35 Days - 47
3) Ski some pow - oh yeah!
4) Faceshot - yup, but it may have fallen out of the trees onto my head...
5) Kids Stoke - one skied Rumor for the first time, both skied Skyward, both skied a BUNCH of trees
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
1) Ski a New Mountain - more than expected, see below
2) Ski 35 Days - 54
3) Ski some pow - 20 inches at Jiminy Peak in March!
4) Faceshot - not yet
5) Kids Stoke - got to ski with 17yo daughter at Alta, first time in a while she wasn't avoiding me
New mountains in the east included Killington, Montage, Jiminy Peak, Berkshire East, and Tenney. Out west got to explore Telluride, Bachelor, Mt. Hood Meadows, and Mammoth for the first time. My favorite during the bonus trip in early May was Bachelor.