classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

3/29 Whiteface, slides, pictures

Bandit
This post was updated on .
Great day today. Just checked in to hotel and now have beer in hand. Woke up 5am got ready and got to WF parking lot around 9:30. Bright sunny skies all day. We went straight for the summit and slides were closed. I talked to astrologer and he said they probably wouldn't open today because they didn't have the staff to deal with all the gapers and the traverse was thin.

Did skyward a couple times, it was in great shape. About 3rd trip up summit chair there was a line waiting for the slides as they just opened. My friends didn't want to go so I made friends with a guy in line that had been in before since I hadn't. They were only allowing groups of 7 in at a time due to the traverse. People in front of me mentioned to the host at the line that they'd never been in before and he said they're only open today for people who'd been in before, sorry. He kicked them out of line! I kept my mouth shut. Patrol then said it'd prob be only run so make the best of it.

The guy I made friends with said slide 3 would be good so that's what headed for. The traverse was mostly fine but one spot had a lot of exposed rock. Top of the slide was tight, but soon opened up. Snow was in great shape and visibility was perfect. Nice big bumps to turn on. There were some rocks to hop over and jump turns were fun. Definitely a workout and challenging skiing. A great time.

Would have loved to do 2 or 2B but they closed them right away.  We spent the afternoon on little whiteface hitting empire, Essex, wilderness, Mackenzie and some glades. Great shape! Hope the pictures come through ok. The software made me resize them since they were too large.

Pictures:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 3/29 Whiteface, slides, pictures

Bandit
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Nice pics....glad you made it in.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Bandit
Fixed it for you. You don't need to check the HTML box:

when posting pictures.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
This looks good. I definitely need to get up there and ski these slides someday. If not next week then hopefully next year.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day