classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

57" virgin powder at Snow Ridge 12/13/13

Powderqueen
This post was updated on .
With the lake effect machine cranking all week, it was a no-brainer to take Friday off to ski Snow Ridge on their opening day. This snow had not been skied, except for a small group who skinned up the day before when the snowfall count was still under 40".

It took a while for the lifties to knock the huge blocks of snow off each chair, so they didn't start loading the lift until after 10am. As we rode up we watched those before us flounder in the deepest snow they've ever skied.

The first run we just pointed them down North Slope and then quickly realized that we needed more pitch.

I think the pix say it all.

Digger Dan

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 57" at Snow Ridge 12/13/13

campgottagopee
amazing --- thanks for putting those up ---- i need to check that place out someday
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Hey PDQ, I was there too, didn't recognize your new duds, I think I skied right behind you on South Slope later in the day. What a day it was, surreal.

My 4ft ski pole, just below the grip.
Reply | Threaded
|

miker92
Gahh so bummed I didn't make it back for round 2, lift-served edition. Tonsillitis is a bad time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
In reply to this post by Cornhead
Cornhead wrote
Hey PDQ, I was there too, didn't recognize your new duds, I think I skied right behind you on South Slope later in the day. What a day it was, surreal.
I thought I saw you there Cornhead...but I wasn't certain it was you. I forgot to post this pic of AcidChrist

Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
my calves are really sore today

we skied from opening until close...great day, so beat. Didn't even bother going to Greek Peak today.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Those shots are so good - they look fake - or at least not NY.

It looks like it is still snowing at Snow Ridge.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by Powderqueen
Powderqueen wrote

we skied from opening until close...great day, so beat. Didn't even bother going to Greek Peak today.
  Ha, I could have written this exact post, for me my quads are the most sore, but my whole body is hurting. I thought about hitting Greek this afternoon too, but blew it off. Skiing Platty tomorrow, expecting a foot. It'll seem like a dusting after Snow Ridge! What a weekend!

I was skiing behind you on South Slope. Your form looked good, your skiing wasn't bad either.
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
Cornhead wrote
Powderqueen wrote

Ha, I could have written this exact post, for me my quads are the most sore, but my whole body is hurting. I thought about hitting Greek this afternoon too, but blew it off. Skiing Platty tomorrow, expecting a foot. It'll seem like a dusting after Snow Ridge! What a weekend!

I was skiing behind you on South Slope. Your form looked good, your skiing wasn't bad either.

Greek Peak was trying to be fully open today and skied quite well I'm sure Plattekill was too.

I can hardly walk.