Re: 96 1/2 Years old and still rippin

MC2 5678F589
Awesome.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

campgottagopee
I thought so too, but I like old geezers....they have the best BS stories around
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Very cool!

I remember seeing guys skiing with patches on their jackets, "70+ Ski Club". Told myself that one day I'd get one of those.

As I get closer to eligibility to that club, I realize that I don't see those patches any more. WTF?
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
DrSkimeister wrote
Very cool!

I remember seeing guys skiing with patches on their jackets, "70+ Ski Club". Told myself that one day I'd get one of those.

As I get closer to eligibility to that club, I realize that I don't see those patches any more. WTF?
Hahahaha

I have an Uncle who has/had one of those patches, he skied until he was 78. I'll need to see if I can get a hold of that thing to add to my collection of old family related ski stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Nice technique. Reminds me of a quote from a Scottish boss I had a while back. He was out with a buddy early morning in the city to see a Celtics football match. Rod Stewart was there and his buddy said "wow I sure hope I look that good when I'm his age" to which my boss responded "hell, you don't look that good now".
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
"Powder...ooh powder. I go over near the trees and find some and ski it."

Awesome.

Thanks for posting Camp.  I really dig it.  So much I embiggened it.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote
"Powder...ooh powder. I go over near the trees and find some and ski it."

That made me smile too

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Great living example of attitude being  key. This man has managed to stay mentally and emotionally youthful in his outlook while COMMITTING to an incredible display  of physical fitness.  Bravo !!!!!!!

A wonderful example for all of us to KEEP on KEEPIN ON and treat aging as an Adventure rather than a Drudgery !  Rock on
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
warp daddy wrote
Great living example of attitude being  key. This man has managed to stay mentally and emotionally youthful in his outlook while COMMITTING to an incredible display  of physical fitness.  Bravo !!!!!!!

A wonderful example for all of us to KEEP on KEEPIN ON and treat aging as an Adventure rather than a Drudgery !  Rock on
Well said, Warp. And think about it, that guy is old enough to be Warp Daddy's dad.

There is 94 year-old fellow in our town that skis every day the local bump is open. He is the grandfather of our hometown slopestyle gold-medalist, Dara Howell. Dara has said that her grand-dad is one of her biggest inspirations.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
I hope to be that guy!
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by DrSkimeister
DrSkimeister wrote
Very cool!

The 70+ Ski Club was for folks of that age that ORDA used to give free season passes to. ORDA changed the policy a few yrs back and I believe the cost is now $250 for them. Obviously this is how ORDA saved up enough $$ to buy the new HSQ at Gore
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yeah 70 yr olds used to ski free there and at Titus , but this past season when i turned 70 they pulled the plug on the freebies, went. Up to $ 149 ;)

Got no bitches at all its still a helluva deal and if it keeps local in business im OK with it .I DO get a freebie season pass from The Mighty Dry Hill tho ;) which gives me freebies at McCauley and Snow Ridge and that deep Cold Smoke they get from LES .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
This guy is AWESOME, may we all be in this kind of condition if we live that long.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Pretty amazing man. Any Gore people know if Hawkeye Ed still skis ? Last I heard was his COPD was holding him back. That was several years ago. I  believe he used to ski most every day (weekday?) at Gore and had to drive up from Schenectady or some such. He was fairly old.

I was at Gore 5-7 years or so ago and there was a large group of old people skiing, 70, 80 and one 90 something.

Get this. True story.....

One old girl was from Hawaii originally and was she something. On the Gondi, she chatted me and 2 old guys up big time. She ended by asking the seniors " How healthy are you ? " Do you have a girlfiend ?"  Can you still, ya know...." " Well can you ?" Huh, can you ? "  " can you still um dance ?" She beat around the bush many times but never got an answer.

It was clear what she was driving at. Made the old guys uncomfortable but she kept pressing hoping to get some. I chuckled inside and felt like saying...... you're a horny old broad, aren't you ?

Any of you guys remember the 70ish yr old guy who used to ski Gore in  a HOT pink outfit ? Hot, hot neon pink pants and jacket. First time I got to talk to him I ended by saying " That's some outfit "

He replied with a huge grin. "  I be lookin GOOD ! ".  Love his spirit.