|

A-Basin Reopening

Marcski
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: A-Basin Reopening

Benny Profane
Only doing reservations by the day, night before. System crashed yesterday on first attempt. The only way I can figure out why they are doing this is to practice for next season, when distancing will still be required.
Last year they closed in early June, and this has been a crappy Spring.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
A friend who lives near Denver hasn't been lucky twice.  She has an A-Basin season pass.  Currently unemployed so actually can go skiing midweek.

The system for picking 600 people was switched to a lottery system.  Read somewhere that 4000 people tried to get into the reservation system that first evening.  Going forward, have 2 hours to enter the lottery for the day after.  So the Wed evening lottery is for skiing on Fri.  All the info is on one webpage, with a growing FAQ at the bottom.

https://www.arapahoebasin.com/may27-reopening/
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
For videos from May 27, check out the Facebook page of the Summit Daily News.  There is a pretty long one showing people checking in just before the lifts started spinning this morning.  At one point, can see Al trying to mark off 6 ft lines on the pavement.  Fair to say the people who were there had a great time.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I’m just happy to see them trying to operate. Hopefully this all in the rear view by next January and we don’t have to twist ourselves in knots forever.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Would be awesome to continue that vacation I was in the middle of in Colorado and had to cut short because everything shut down.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Cool. I have a friend who lives there, never got a reservation. It's getting late.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
In reply to this post by Jamesdeluxe
Nice TR. Brings back memories of late 70s skiing the AB every year after finals at CU. Tried to go on Memorial Day weekends and sometimes into early June. Back in the days when the Pali lift was not there. That was the only time in my life that I got sunburned on the underside of my forearms, skiing in a T-shirt, didn't think to put sunscreen there. Amazing how much the reflection at almost 13000 feet up will do.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
FB_IMG_1591399013456.jpg

Some mountain goats on top of ABasin yesterday. There were about 40.

Closes Sunday.
funny like a clown