A deal for Alta Lodge April 10-17, 2016

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A deal for Alta Lodge April 10-17, 2016

marznc
Anyone thinking about a trip out west in April?  Would you consider Alta the week of April 10-17?  If that timeframe is a possibility, I may be able to hook you up with a special deal at Alta Lodge.  Send me an email via my profile if you want to know how to find out the details.  Note that the last day for the Supreme lift is Sun, April 10, and the Alta Demo Day is April 9.  

The basics of the deal:

WHEN:  April 10-17, min 4 nights
WHERE:  Alta Lodge
WHAT:  deal for standard room (K or two beds)
PRICE:  less than the Spring Season rate, Sun-Thu nights lower than Fri-Sat
HOW:  call Alta Lodge Reservations for details after you get the secret code (no, not a 4-digit number)

FYI, I started skiing at Alta Lodge regularly during late season in 2008 when an annual alumni gathering began.  That was my daughter’s first trip out west.  She was 7 and skiing blacks in the southeast after starting at Massanutten at age 4.  We caught a powder storm.  She was a powder hound off in trees on the edges of the blues after a day of ski school.  I've skied at a variety of places out west but Alta remains my favorite.

I’ll be at Alta Lodge starting in late March for a couple weeks.  In case anyone cares, I’m not getting any money for spreading the word about this deal.  I’m friends with the family who own Alta Lodge because of North Country School in Lake Placid.  Several are also alumni of NCS.  I grew up in NYC before moving to NC.  I learned to ski at NCS.  My daughter is a student there now so that's why I've been skiing in the northeast in recent years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: A deal for Alta Lodge April 10-17, 2016

marznc
Offer still on the table.  17 inches a couple days ago and more to come next week.  Hopefully having a storm each week will continue into April.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Not that I'm interested, but actually providing the exact details and costs may draw a better response. The sales pitch of I got a great deal for you by calling 800SWEETDEALS doesn't seem to be effective. It's quite spammy
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Understand.  This is an experiment.  Originally the idea was to be presented to a different ski forum but the owner of that forum declined so I asked Harvey if it was okay to give it a shot here.  He okay'd the idea.

Bottom line is that the deal is better than the Spring Season rate.  But the exact amount depends on the type of room.  Also requires a 4-night stay, which is a push at short notice for most people.  That's why anyone interested needs to contact me via email first.  Happy to answer questions privately.

I know I don't post much here.  Skiing in NY is not going to happen much after my daughter graduates from North Country School in Lake Placid.  From NC, it makes more sense to fly out west.  Those who want to get a better sense of my interest in skiing can look over on EpicSki where I've been a Moderator for a few years.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Another big storm on the way for Monday-Tuesday.

$40 and you can sleep on my floor, includes 3 meals a day
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by marznc
marznc wrote
Understand.  This is an experiment.  Originally the idea was to be presented to a different ski forum but the owner of that forum declined so I asked Harvey if it was okay to give it a shot here.  He okay'd the idea.

Bottom line is that the deal is better than the Spring Season rate.  But the exact amount depends on the type of room.  Also requires a 4-night stay, which is a push at short notice for most people.  That's why anyone interested needs to contact me via email first.  Happy to answer questions privately.

I know I don't post much here.  Skiing in NY is not going to happen much after my daughter graduates from North Country School in Lake Placid.  From NC, it makes more sense to fly out west.  Those who want to get a better sense of my interest in skiing can look over on EpicSki where I've been a Moderator for a few years.
Next season Jay is going to top 600", you'll be back!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Last I looked, Jay isn't in NY.

Actually, I probably will ski in the northeast a bit.  My daughter is going to be in school near Boston for a few years.  Assuming of course that it actually snows in VT/NH/ME.  I can ski on groomers in the Mid-Atlantic enough without as much driving.

One place I would like to get to after a powder storm is Plattekill.  Learned about it from NYSkiBlog.  Had a great day there a couple seasons ago driving south from Lake Placid to NC.