ADK Backcountry Skiing Community

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ADK Backcountry Skiing Community

Adrider83
I'm super excited to be living back upstate.  I'm particularly excited to do more exploring of the backcountry skiing options in the area.  Are there any people onthe forum that tour regularly in the Adirondacks?

I thought it'd be great to get a thread going, so people could coordinate for objectives and outings.    Also, I thought it might be nice to have a place to have trip report information and other beta.

Don
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ADK Backcountry Skiing Community

MC2 5678F589
Adrider83 wrote
I'm super excited to be living back upstate.  I'm particularly excited to do more exploring of the backcountry skiing options in the area.  Are there any people onthe forum that tour regularly in the Adirondacks?

I thought it'd be great to get a thread going, so people could coordinate for objectives and outings.    Also, I thought it might be nice to have a place to have trip report information and other beta.

Don
Yeah, there's a lot of people who ski BC on this board. We usually have a "Backcountry Conditions" thread that gets updated with reports and stoke.

Most of my BC skiing is on holidays where my Gore/Whiteface pass is blacked out or Mondays (I get every other one off).
Reply | Threaded
|

jjp24
In reply to this post by Adrider83
Hi Don,

I tour in the high peaks and central Adks just about every weekend in the winter and spring, and sometimes on Tug Hill on weekdays when I can get out. I'm always looking for partners, so shoot me a PM if you're ever looking to get out. Looking forward to another good winter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adrider83
That sounds great...I do recall the backcountry conditions thread- I should have remembered that!  JJP24 - I will definitely hit you up this winter.