ADVICE WANTED: Gore Thursday/Friday?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ADVICE WANTED: Gore Thursday/Friday?

Petronio
My inexperience with spring conditions requires advice from the Gore aficionados here -- trying to decide whether to stay on for tomorrow and Friday (as well as press my wife to drive up with the third kid tonight).

Weather forecast has been fluctuating, but tomorrow it looks like a rapid rise from below freezing to mid-40s, with some chance of rain early.  Then rain overnight, and high 40s/low 50s for Friday.

What does this mean for the snow conditions?  Will it be difficult to ski?  

I appreciate any insights.

Thanks,
Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ADVICE WANTED: Gore Thursday/Friday?

MC2 5678F589
Petronio wrote
What does this mean for the snow conditions?  
The snow will be wet

Will it be difficult to ski?

No.

But seriously, skiing in the rain is fine, except for the whole rain makes you wet part. A lot of people think snow conditions get better.

Although I'd probably go north because Whiteface might get snow.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Doesn't look like any chance for snow Thursday or Friday for anyone.  Yes, it will be warm, but any showers that fall don't look to be too heavy.

WF and Gore alike you can probably expect soft, creamy hero snow from mid up, with sticky soft snow and slush lower.  Like MC2 said, while it might get you wet, rain actually can make for a nice surface.

If you are going to be in the Dacks for Saturday Whiteface is probably the place to be, with a chance for 6+ Friday night.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
Was going to head up thursday/friday myself, but friday is off and just hitting Belle thursday. Should be good though even with a little rain, just make sure you get some spring wax on, if not, I find the swix flouro paste is good to get through a spring or wet day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
I'm thinking Mad River Saturday.  They are looking at 6+ as well.  But, I'm looking at combining the weekend with Pico because I have tickets and this is their last weekend.  But, winds look to be an issue at Pico Sunday with gusts up to 50 mph.  Do I pass up 6+" Saturday and ride 2-3" at Pico when it's less windy and then catch Mad River on Sunday with much less wind but less fresh?