Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

APA approves Adirondack Club and Resort by 10-1 vote

Harvey
Administrator
January 20, 2012
By staff, Adirondack Daily Enterprise

RAY BROOK - The state Adirondack Park Agency board voted 10-1 today to give a permit to the Adirondack Club and Resort, the largest project the board has voted on in its 40-year history.

Commissioner Richard Booth cast the only "no" vote.

The ACR, proposed by a Pennsylvania-based investment group called Preserve Associates, would overhaul the Big Tupper Ski Area in Tupper Lake and build out the land around it with about 700 luxury housing units and various amenities including an inn, a marina and an equestrian center. The project was first proposed in 2004, and the APA studied it in a lengthy adjudicatory hearing last year.

More:

http://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/528879.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: APA approves Adirondack Club and Resort by 10-1 vote

tjf1967
Good for them.  Although they have a long way to go before a shovel ever gets stuck in the ground... I can't see how they are going to raise the money for this project.  If anyone even thinks about buying those bonds they need there head examined.   Franklin county better make sure that in no way NYS or the county tax payers are not on the hook for them... The METS did it and the only reason they sold is because an insurance company insured them...that  insurance company went bankrupt.. there are not many insurance companies out there that will insure them anymore. Some poor bastard that thought they were buying a conservative tax free bond is going to be wiping there asses with the paper if Wilpon can't bail himself out.    GO METS...
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
So the F-man got an "Order" with lots of conditions, the ACR has been making lots of promises for years. Time for them to Put Up or Shut Up. Lets see what happens or doesn't next.
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
amazing that they stuck with this thru 8 long years

the APA should be congratulated for its speedy approval of this to bring much needed economic growth to the North Country
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

highpeakskier
The APA is a double edged sword but I feel the DAKs need a little developement. I know first hand because I had to take my wife back to NJ for some quality healthcare. Maybe with more people that will improve.
nature gave us a brain, life gives us a mind. (little dog with Rockies Collegiate Peaks in backround)
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ausable skier
Do you know how many years the project was "idle" due to inaction on the applicant's part?  And yes, the answer is in multiple years....  

The real amazing part is they are sticking with it even through the biggest economic downturn in like what, more than half a century...

Do you also known a similar project in proximity to Bellare is still under review after 12 years...  No APA there...

I ride with Crazy Horse!