Abolish Fathers Day

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
50 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Abolish Fathers Day

campgottagopee
Yep!!! T-Day is the best. Hunt all day then home for a great dinner with family in a warm house. Love it.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I too love turkey day and Christmas can be some nice family time as well but what a corporate consumer shit show that’s become. Nothing says holiday spirit quite like Black Friday mob scenes!

The last few years we have had some killer storms during those two holidays. It’s tough having non skiers in the family and convincing them that you have to be on the mountain for a good chunk of the day.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
 It’s tough having non skiers in the family and convincing them that you have to be on the mountain for a good chunk of the day.
Luckily for me I grew up in a skiing/hunting family. My mom just always told me to get home as soon as I could, never the be home by 1 kind of thing. While in HS she would always write me a medical excuse for the first day of deer season. She would say I had a fever, just didn't mention it was buck fever.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Now that’s some quality parenting!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
buck fever.
I think you’re dyslexic. She said you were out to fuck beaver
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
I too love turkey day and Christmas can be some nice family time as well but what a corporate consumer shit show that’s become. Nothing says holiday spirit quite like Black Friday mob scenes!

The last few years we have had some killer storms during those two holidays. It’s tough having non skiers in the family and convincing them that you have to be on the mountain for a good chunk of the day.
I've skied the local hill, Greek, on Christmas day before, lots of Asians there, must be a tradition, like Jews going out for Chinese food on Christmas. Hey, why not, not too many Caucasians skiing that day. If they're not Christian, it's just another day.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
buck fever.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
buck fever.
Aren’t you the cunning linguist, M(isogynist)C(reep)!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
, M(isogynist)C(reep)!
I have never interacted with a more delicate snowflake than JTG (and I know a lot!)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I have never interacted with a more delicate snowflake than JTG (and I know a lot!)
Takes one to know one