Adirondack Holiday, 1960

campgottagopee
stolen from WF FB page...cool vid

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Adirondack Holiday, 1960

campgottagopee
Best part for me was the spot on Frontier Town. I soooooo remember going there as a kid w/ my grandparents.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
That was cool. The sheik skater dude sorta ruined my breakfast a little, though.

Just to put things into perspective, Disneyland was open for only five years, and the Northway wouldn't be finished up there for another six or seven.

That music is killer. It's like the same soundtrack they used for every little travel film at the time. Oh, and those fall colors were spectacular!
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
that was great - enjoyed it
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
very cool!

My brothers and I upon a visit to Frontier Town got to be deputies on the stagecoach. When the bandits were apprehended we went for their guns.  The Marshall was all, "that's OK boys I'll handle them", and we were all, "No, we've been around guns lots, we'll take them six shooters."  

Ha! It was awesome.  We wanted to ditch out plastic six shooters for the real things!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by ausable skier
very cool!

My brothers and I upon a visit to Frontier Town got to be deputies on the stagecoach. When the bandits were apprehended we went for their guns.  The Marshall was all, "that's OK boys I'll handle them", and we were all, "No, we've been around guns lots, we'll take them six shooters."  

Ha! It was awesome.  We wanted to ditch out plastic six shooters for the real things!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
The sheik skater dude sorta ruined my breakfast a little, though.

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
haha that train robbery was badass for sure! frontier town, santa's workshop, the top of whiteface, eisenhower locks and freezing my nads off in chazy lake made for some great childhood memories! although 5-10 years after that vid...