Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ferris Lake Wilderness: 1/9/16

MikeK
Banned User
mattchuck2 wrote
MikeK wrote
If RB is that quick, I'd petition for another loop.  I'm sure it takes a while if you climb up yourself though ;)
There's always the Rabbit Pond trail, or we could go over to Snowy, or we could extend the tour by starting at Garnet Hill and skiing Halfway Brook. Lots of options.
Don't matter to me... if I have access to ski instructor who is willing to share knowledge, my preference is to work on teles... but if some other guys/gals come, I'll do whatever.

I had plans to ski RB and BP this year when the snowpack was in... anything else is a bonus.

Harv I'll email you about those skis.  I'd like to give you some money for them too.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
Good snow on feb 7, the alliance shuttle will run 10:30 and 1;30 that day. Small donation. 14 people.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MikeK
I'm in, or we can do Raymond Brook before the lesson. Maybe Hour Pond Loop?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Adk BC Meet Up

BRLKED
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harv I could possibly do the meet up.
Reply | Threaded
|

telerider
I'm in for RB.  I would be psyched to shadow Matt and learn how he approaches back country trail tactics.  I hiked part of it on x-mas and Harv gave me detailed low down on how to approach skiing it via shuttle access.  Let's name it happen once we get snow!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
This post was updated on .
RB+ sounds good, will confirm tomorrow but should be good to go. Also interested in a mellow paced botheration Saturday Mike.

Update: I'm in!
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
I'd love to go along on this.  Sunday would probably work better for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Hey Gorg, Brkled, et. al...

Saturday about the earliest I can be up is 12 noon (driving ).  Hope that works for you guys.  Not sure where you want to meet up but somewhere at GH makes sense to me.  I'm open to suggestions.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Sounds good, I'll likely be traveling that morning as well.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by MikeK
Hmmmm... I was going to lobby for earlier, as I would like to leave by 12 so that I could make it to a Super Bowl party. Although with the way this snow year is going, it might not be wise to schedule this meetup so close anyway.

Would anyone be opposed to moving this official meetup to Sunday, February 28th? Maybe there will be more snow in the BC? And I don't have anything else going on, so I can be there all day.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
mattchuck2 wrote
Would anyone be opposed to moving this official meetup to Sunday, February 28th?
Fine by me.  I should be able to make it.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
ok with me for now, i didn't realize 2/7 was superbowl sunday  derp

i thinks mike's noon ski was a saturday botheration loop warmup, i may still be up for that if conditions permit. thinking friday at gore, Saturday xcd?
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
Yeah noon was for Sat, but I'd rather not rush around on Sunday.

28th is fine for me, whenever there is snow.

I'm still up for skiing something out that way that weekend... who knows, maybe something in the HPW if there is decent cover.

I was going to ski BP this weekend but it looks like I'm staying in town, so it's still on my radar.
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
I know it's a bit soon to tell, but I'm thinking if RB is lookin' a little sketch for this weekend we could move to Sunway on Gore?

Don't know about the whole group/teaching thing... maybe it'll be just skiing
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Looking like we're still not going to get into the backcountry this weekend. Damn, who would have thought that we'd have no base in the woods on February 28th?

Anyway, I met a guy at the Kåre Andersen Tele Event at Bromley who wanted to ski with me, so I'm meeting him around 10:15 at the Gore gondola. Look for a bright orange jacket and Tele skis if you want to join in the crew.

See you guys Sunday, if you're up for it.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
thanks for putting this out there mc, was really looking forward to this but given the conditions i'm inclined to hang around pa again this weekend....shit's getting old, maybe i'll tune up the bike
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Cool. Not sure how it's gonna be, but figured I'd extend the invitation just in case anyone wanted to show up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Alway like skiing with you MC and wish I could be there.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp