Airline Baggage Fees Ski Equipment

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Airline Baggage Fees Ski Equipment

Hoser
Alert!  Just returned from roundtrip on American from Syr to Den.   As of Nov 1,  ski bag and boot bag seperately are no longer considered one chargable checked item!   As I purchased tickets before the new date, even though flew after the change (last week), was able to get by only paying one (agent was very good about it actually).  These are no longer combined and considered one piece.

Going forward, first bag (skis) $25,  second bag (boots and helmet and stuff) $35, each way, each person.    Or $360 round-trip extra for the three of us.   Carry on for the roller is still a battle with space (I know, reduce and pack into other bags, carry on boots, etc etc etc,  carrying on boots is a wonderful experience also)

Hello Southwest in ALB!  Beware of this when using the major carriers.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Airline Baggage Fees Ski Equipment

adkmike
Thanks for the info......going to Tahoe in January.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
Going to Tahoe in April,  Southwest out, United back.   United has not changed....yet....may have to play the grandfathered rules game if they follow American.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
In reply to this post by Hoser
Anyone know approx cost of shipping skis/board/boots via UPS?
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
I just bought skis and boots off the SAC sale yesterday, and shipping only came to $15. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be so accurate for a private party, though.

Try the UPS shipping calculator